Chapter 7

On the full moon night when the stars shone brightly and clouds were gone from the dark night sky.

Cale opened his window as wide as he can then sat on the chair, waiting for someone to come.

If his prediction was correct, the man would come tonight. Either to see Dokja or him again just like usual.

One, two hours passed and Cale was a bit sleepy.

Just when he wants to doze off to the dreamland, a familiar voice enters his ears.

"Are you sure about this?"

Cale opened his eyes and the man had already appeared in front of him with his usual black-clothed attire.

Cale stared at him from head to toe.

He nodded to himself.

As always, this man is handsome,

"I will just do whatever Dokja wants."

"You will lose him at this rate and you will regret it." The man in black said eyes filled with unknown expressions.

Cale just shrugs his soldier. "I won't." He said confidently.

He is already used to the man's cold, indifferent and harsh remark by now and it is not like he didn't have any precautions on mind either.

He has some out-going plans in mind and he is sure that all of his plans will work out 100%. So, he doesn't have anything to lose.

He stares back at the man who still stood there doing nothing but just staring straight at him watching his every movement.

"Shouldn't you go back already? The Kim Dokja in your world will be lonely if you are gone too long, Secretive Plotter."

The handsome man― Secretive Plotter gave him a long sigh. "He is still asleep. The others take turns to guard him and I already make sure the Yoo Joonghyuks will always be by his side."

Cale's lips curved up slightly. He remembers it. After all, it is also one of his favorite parts of the novel. "The kkomas......."

Secretive Plotter's eyebrow twitched slightly. Cale was aware but decided to ignore it as usual.

"I will ask you a question." His voice was stern. It is almost a demand― an order rather than asking for permission.

"What is it?" Cale yawns. His body feels a bit more tired than usual.

Maybe dealing with an outer god is taking out his energy more than he thought.

"What is the content of the contract you made with The God of Death? It is better if you didn't do anything reckless." Secretive Plotter's eyes were fierce.

Cale sighed. If stares could kill maybe, he is already dead thousands of times by now.

"I am not doing anything reckless." Cale answers. "It is all for the futu―."

"Cutting down your lifespan is not considered reckless?"

'Cutting down people's sentence should count as disrespect.'

But, Cale didn't point it out. There is no benefit in making the Outer God's rage.

"I just did what I was supposed to."

The Secretive Plotter seems to already know about the contract so why must he explain it further? It is best to keep this kind of information confidential.

'Well, actually cutting down my lifespan to see how the future unfolds is more gain than loss. After all, I need to prepare myself first when heading to a future without Dokja by my side.'