Along With Me, Who Was

Start from the beginning

"Takemitchy."

Takemichi shut up immediately upon hearing the strict tone in Mikey's voice. He stayed silent from there, ready to listen to Mikey carefully.

Mikey noticed he finally got his friend's attention. He smiled widely at Takemichi before staring off in the distance after them, even though they've been look gone.

"I have no right to tell you what just happened to Y/N."

This surprised Takemichi, his serious frown softening as his brows raised in great interest. Just what may it be that even Mikey won't say.

"But trust me, Y/N's going to be fine. He always is. Sometimes he just... doesn't know when's time to stop."

Mikey's smile faded slightly at the last sentence. He tilted his head to the side to face Takemichi, giving him another of his close-eyed smiles.

"Just leave everything to Ken-chin. He will take good care of Y/N, I'm sure of it."

- End of Takemichi's POV -

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

You were sitting behind Draken, letting your body rest as you leaned onto him while your arms were wrapped around his waist. Your fingers were digging into the fabric of his black and white Haori, trying to releave the pain you were in.

Draken could tell what you were doing. After a few minutes on the way it made him feel bad about yelling at you a little too much back there. You were both in silence now, he didn't know what to say in this situation.

"I get that you don't want her to worry about you."

Draken interrupted the silence between you.

"But threatening Takemitchy like that? Man, I feel bad for that guy. I'd be scared shitless myself in his position."

You lifted your head up slightly as you listened to Draken's sincere words. You chuckled proudly at your achievement of Draken saying you're scary. Resting your chin against his back you looked up to the sky.

"You scared him real bad too today, y'know."

You defended yourself quietly.

"Yeah, I suppose you've got a point."

He couldn't argue with you as you were completely right. The two of you went silent again, but Draken had so much more to say. He just didn't know how to put it into words. His friends, Toman... They all meant the world to Draken and not being big on words sometimes made it easy to miss unless one knew him well.

"So, how're you feelin'?"

"Like my chest's in flames and daggers in my sides."

You never knew how to feel about your friends worrying about you in these situations. It's not like they could begin to understand. You wouldn't do this if you didn't have a hell of a good reason to. They all had everything you've ever longed for but could never have yourself. If you don't do this, you won't feel like in your own skin. You won't feel like you belong with them.

You won't feel worthy of calling yourself equal to them.

Your thoughts were interrupted by Draken's deep sigh.

"You're going to seriously injure yourself one day. I can't just sit around and watch you hurt yourself until your body won't be able to keep up anymore and do nothing about it, y'know?

You don't gotta prove yourself to us, or to anybody. Toman will always follow and respect you not for how you look but for your abilities and spirit.

To strangle your body in bandages for days..."

His voice faded away with his words. You knew he was worried, you just didn't know it was this bad, enough to push him to giving you a talk. You wanted to apologize a thousand times, yet you didn't feel sorry or regretted your actions at all. You are most likely gonna do it again once you recover.

"Tch. For fuck's sake, man. You and Mikey... You keep fighting all on your own, Y/N! We've known each other for years. Mikey, all of us, we put your trust in you, Y/N,

why can't you put your trust in us too?"

Your eyes widened at his words. You did trust them! So why didn't you... trust them?

He felt your forehead hit him as you buried your face in Draken's back, not knowing what to say.

"There's gotta be a better, safer option, Y/N."

"Yeah, but I don't got the kind of cash for that."

You responded in a hopeless voice.

"We'll help ya out."

Draken stated as if he could just throw money wherever he wanted. You raised your head again, ready to protest.

"No way, I can't let you do that."

"You can't let us have your back while you always insist on helping everyone else? Friend's gotta have each other's back, it can't go only one way. We're going to figure that shit out, together."

That's right. Everyone shared the weights on their shoulders with you. Why couldn't you just do the same back? That's what friend's are all after all. Your friend's words rang through your mind.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
"If one of us gets hurt, we'll protect them... a gang that's all for one, one for all."

‎ ‎ ‎

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

That's what Toman is about.