"They're gone. It looks like they um, maybe scooted and crawled outa camp." José Rodriguez admitted.

"How could they have gotten past the guard?"

"Um, well, there was no guard." José muttrred.

"And there was no guard on them - because?" Rodriguez asked coldly.

"B-b-because that one girl can't walk and we didn't think the other would leave without her....sir." José answered, not sure that his position as the boss's son would offer much protection this time. He also didn't want to admit that he had hurt the one when he yanked her off the horse. He had cut the straps from the custom made saddle and may have been a little rough.

Rodriguez pulled himself up to his full height of 5'11" and made himself look hard in every man's eyes. For the first time, the men did not see strength and courage; instead they saw indecision, fear, anger and more than a little insanity.

"I don't know what I saw in any of you. You are weak, frightened little children who want to run at the first sign of difficulty. Podrás tirarte todo al lobo!" He sneered at them. (I'll throw you all to the wolves!)

"Accordin' to the number of cattle that's been sold, we all should have full pockets. Enough to buy a small ranch of our own."

"That's right." Another picked up on the subject. "You said we'd share the spoils. But my pockets are empty."

"So are mine."

"Mine too. Looks like you're the only ones wearin' fancy clothes and custom made boots."

"This is mutiny!" Rodriguez screamed. "I order you to get out there and stop those men!" He ordered.

No one moved.

"Mutiny is punishable by death." Rodriguez said slowly, softly with menace and clearly trying to intimidate the men back under control.

The wolves gained Rodriguez's attention when they all looked in one direction and began to snarl.

***

"We'll close in as soon as reinforcements arrive." Beau said looking at the members of Teams Two and Three.

"Remember, they may put the wolves forward first." The Sheriff added. "We don't know exactly how they've been trained, but every one that we've encountered attacked with intent to kill. Don't take chances, put 'em down. If there's any flack from the forestry department I'll take it."

Just then, Hope ran up to Beau and sat.

"Good girl!" He said softly, rubbing her ears. Not long after members of Team one led by Rowdy joined them....and the round up began.

***

The teams began to move forward and out as they searched for and surrounded the camp.

Rodriguez began to look wild eyed and backed further into the camp thinking he would be better protected. He had come so far and had worked so long for this ranch. Years of diligent effort, arranging Brett Sr's death.

The stupid cowboy had nearly beaten the drug. Had the bull not taken a dislike to his rider Blanton might actually have survived. The whole Blanton family had been nothing but trouble and that included the Kincaid's.

The wolves began bristling, their hackles rising making them look even bigger. They were showing the results of their training, he could see the blood lust in their eyes and carriage. His courage returned, his wolves would win this fight for him.