Chapter 9, Surprise

Start from the beginning

Memories flashed before my eyes. Each one resulting in someone being injured. Twice when I was three another five times when I was four. Always ending with someone being injured and me and my mom having to move.

I remembered what my mom had told me after one such incident.

*Flashback (Eclipse is 4)*

"Listen Dove. You have a lot of power in you. You always need to remember who you are, if you don't, someone will get hurt." My mom said. I looked down at the ground confused and sad.

"I didn't mean to. But they were squishing bugs and wouldn't listen when I said stop." It didn't make any sense to me. How could I hurt someone without even touching them?

At home I had tried to replicate what I had done but nothing came from my hands and it confused me to no end.

None of the kids I had hit had been killed but most of them had burns and two had been knocked backward by an invisible force.

I was little but my tiny mind could still comprehend that because of what I did we had to leave our home and go somewhere new.

By the time I was 5 it didn't happen anymore. I had learned to bottle up my emotions when I was around random people. Something I carried on until the present day.

*End of flashback*

When the memory ended I realized I was holding my knees and rocking on the floor. But there was a problem. All I could feel was terror, fear, and the need to hide.

It took me a moment to realize that my soulmates would feel my emotions as they were so strong. Methodically I began cutting them off, Bruce, Tony Peter. But it was too late.

The door burst open as Steve and Bucky ran in. They took in their surroundings and saw I was in no immediate danger. It was when they started walking towards me that I lost it.

Within seconds I was on my feet and backing up. I couldn't let them get near me, I couldn't let them get hurt. My voice shook as I spoke to them, trying to say something to get them out of the room. "P- please get Alli and Nova and leave. Please."

My voice broke as I continued backing up. They had stopped when I had first started backing up but Steve was now coming towards me again. "What's wrong Eclipse? We're here to help you. Please tell us."

Bucky had gone over and picked up both of the twins. At least someone was listening. "Please, Steve. I'll be fine later. J- just stay away." I couldn't see very well because of the tears in my eyes but I could see Bucky taking the girls to the door and handing them to the surprised Clint and Peter standing on the other side.

He seemed to be giving them instructions of sorts. My eyes shot back to Steve as I saw him take another step. "Stop! Steve, please!" He was only 10 feet away and I was practically begging now.

"Listen doll. I'm not going to hurt you. Please let me help. I don't know what's wrong, talk to me." Steve pleaded, taking another step.

It was too much. "NO!" I shouted. I felt energy radiate out over me, throwing both Steve and Bucky across the room.

I didn't mean to.

I couldn't control it.

I had hurt my soulmates.

I collapsed to the ground, rocking back and forth. "No no no no no no no no no no no no no no. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm  sorry." I repeated over and over to myself.