Twenty three.

"Business would rise with the economy, sales would go up greatly

"Business would rise with the economy, sales would go up greatly. This chart demonstrates the economy boom in the next 5-10 years so- boss, are you listening?"

Harry's head shook as his eyes snapped up and gazed over the long table that led up to a whiteboard with some red lines on it. He read over the words 'economy boom' before looking at all the men sat before him. He coughed, adjusting his suit.

"Yes, sorry I was thinking." He said. The man, Thomas, up front nodded hesitatingly before continuing with whatever the fuck he was saying. The black pointer stick pointed to different bulletins on the board, Thomas's lips moving as he talked. The next part of his presentation was presented and Harry zoned out once again, his eyes focusing on the empty sheet of paper in front of him.

Harry thought long and hard about Mae and him. She was very young but about to be 18 and age gaps were normal for adults. He just twiddled his thumbs as he reasoned it was normal when it was a 25 year old and a 30 year old. But Mae was not 25 or even close to it. And 18 was young enough for his reputation to be ruined and smothered to pieces. He grimaced at the thought of weird names being thrown into papers about him.

At the same time he smiled as he thought about her and how perfect she was. All his negative thoughts vanished- his collective reasoning thrown out the window. He was truly obsessed.

The meeting ended later than he wanted but he sighed and thanked the blue sky above it was over. Standing up from his seat, he gathered his empty notebook and left the room. Outside the office telephones rang. His employees rushed to and from the other offices with papers, secretaries giving him seductive glances every once in a while. He noticed his receptionist lean forward slightly and pretend to talk on the phone as he walked by.

When he left the ruckus and entered his own office he felt relieved. Peace and quite.

His body slumped back in his chair. He laid his head back, his curls falling slightly over the head of the chair. His chest heaved. His eyes were screwed shut for a few minutes before the door being slammed open interrupted his peace. His assistant, Louis, was jogging to his desk in a panic with a newspaper article in hand.

"Did you see what's on the paper this week?" He said, his face hit and red from angst. He held up the paper in his shaking hands and fumbled with his glasses, shoving the paper in Harry's face. His eyes gazed over the headline, "girl assaulted in hotel room, Harry styles comes to the rescue!"

Harry's eyes nearly bulged from his head as his arms pushed his body up from the chair. It went rolling across his floor, his hands grasping the paper as his mind tried to keep up with his eyes. Words he didn't like were being thrown All over the article. He could already see the negative publicity this would cause and it was all because of a girl.

"Who is that and why were you spotted with her?" Louis said, nearly shaking. "Do you have any idea how bad this looks,sir?!"

"Maybe we could turn this into a good thing" Harry said, ignoring the first question. He read the last few sentences of the article where it said a witness leaked the information.

"It basically says I'm a hero, come on, what's so bad about me saving a girl from assault?" Harry said. Louis shook his head in disbelief, placing his hands on his desk, leaning forward to let out the steam that was obviously piling up. Harry put the newspaper down.

"What's so bad? Sir, you were spotted with a minor! Chasing after a minor! "How bad does that look" my ass!" He mocked, running through his backup plan for a job. If styles corp fails he would have to go back to working at a video game store 8 hours a day while watching teenage boys with cystic acne touch themselves to the hot anime girls on comic books.

Both men rubbed their heads, trying to think of ideas.

"Alright listen I'll fix this ok?" Harry sighed.

"Fix an article that's already been published? Call me when that happens sir." He laughed. Harry shook his head, grabbing the paper harshly and looking for the name of the publisher. Once he spotted it, he wrote it down on a sticky pad and marched out the office.

"Thomas! Call this publisher and demand them to take down the article. Tell them styles said so. I'll pay them if I have to." He said, slapping the sticky pad on a panicked Thomas's forehead, watching him blink as Harry walked away. Harry left the building feeling a block hang heavily on his shoulders
. He got in his car, starting up the engine and ruffling his hair. All this stress, but your so worth it baby.

Harry almost ran red lights trying to make it to Mae's house. Going there is the least thing he should be doing after sitting in a hot seat with the media. But he needed to see her, comfort her, and let her know he is there for her. He hoped she hadn't seen the news article either, he'd be in deep shit if she had.

He rushed to her house, pulling up the driveway and seeing the little figure in a school skirt standing by the front door. She looked upset. As he got closer he realized there was a car in the driveway, and after he parked he stared at the license plate for a long minute. Indiana.

He stepped out for the car, hearing little rushing footsteps head towards him. Mae was rushing down from the patio steps, looking worried and rather scared. Harry stuffed his keys in his pockets.

"Baby what's wrong w-"

"You need you leave Harry now!" She said, pushing his chest over and over in a quick fashion, urgency was laced in her facial expressions. She kept looking back at her front door. Harry took hold of her arms and asked her the same question over and over. What was wrong with his pretty girl, why was she pushing him away.

"Baby what's going on, you don't wanna' see me?" He asked, rubbing her shoulders with his thumb. Mae huffed, tucking her hair behind her ear as her breathing got short. She shook her head anxiously.

"N-no" she said, shutting her eyes. Harry's warm fingers caressed her for just a second, letting her bask in his aroma. He was so warm and gentle. But she knew she couldn't enjoy it for too much longer. She opened her eyes again; meeting his green ones.

"My parents are back."