chapter one. // where am i

awsten woke up, his vision blurry and eyes heavy. instead of finding himself in his hed or even his touring bunk, however, he found himself in a very unfamiliar, sorta smelly place. his throat was sore and scratchy and he had an iv in his arm, a weird tube coming out of it. he found that his left leg was in considerable pain, and he couldn't move it at all.

he gently rubbed his eyes and looked confusedly around the space he was in. it wasn't quite a room- it was more like a small area enclosed by beige-colored curtains. the only sound he heard was beeps coming from something behind him, but he was too scared to look and see what it was.

"geoff? otto?," he called out, knowing nothing would happen. he sighed, starting to get really scared. trembling, he grabbed a remote attached to his bed by a cord. his mind started settling into a younger, regressed state, and he quickly found himself confused on the meanings of the buttons. he shrugged and clicked a big red button. a few seconds later, the curtain opened and a woman stepped in.

"hey there! you awake? my name's ana, i'll be taking care of you today!," she said with a smile. she was wearing lilac colored scrubs. awsten loved the scrubs- they matched his hair perfectly. however, awsten didn't care how friendly she was being, he did not want to speak to this 'ana'.

"awsten? hey, bud, you feeling okay? you just had a really big surgery," she said, in a rather comforting tone, "you've gotta talk to me, i need to make sure you're okay."

"want geoff and otto," awsten mumbled, his head completely jumbled by the leftover anesthesia and morphine.

"geoff and otto? did they come in with you?"

"dunno. don't remember," awsten said, his bottom lip quivering.

ana double checked her chart. "oh, right, you were unconscious."

"geoff," awsten whimpered, a tear slipping out of his eye.

"it's okay. i'll check your vitals and if they seem good i'll move you into a real room and you can see them. okay?"

awsten nodded and braced himself as she pressed a cold stethoscope to his chest. the worst part, he found, was the blood pressure monitor- he hated the tight, squeezing feeling.

ana finished after a few minutes and logged some things in his chart. "alright, let's go!," ana said, still maintaining her cheery tone. she started to roll the portable bed down the hall.

————
A/N: hi! this is my first fic. i will try to update as much as possible! :)