The Council and the Senate

Obi Wan had been looking all over for Anakin. He had called his comlink several times and left several messages and even had gone to several of his friends and still no luck. It was only after he went to Cin Drallig and used the Temple security net did he find his padawan. As he entered the salle he expected one of his epic kata sessions, but he then saw his padawan and this wanderer meditating in the middle of the salle. If it was not for the dozen or so training lightsabers flying around, he would be impressed on how calm his padawan was for once. The flying lightsabers was a very rarely used technique and from what he could tell one was using nine sabers against the other three.

Over five minutes go by and it is clear that much more is going on than just a fight between sabers. He sees that every saber is using a different form. A flurry of blades and the three lightsabers is reduced to only one, and several seconds later the last one falls as well. He expected them to open their eyes, but he waited as another five minutes went by. Obi Wan drew in the breath to interrupt them by clearing his throat loudly when Anakin laughed.

"Master Kenobi you have got to try this." He takes in Anakin's excited face that had replaced the calm concentration now that he was no longer focusing on holding all the blades in the air. Master Surik was as calm as he always seemed as long as he knew you were watching. Though Obi Wan had caught him several times looking sad as if he was missing someone.

"Anakin what you find easy is something that many Jedi takes years to master. I also do not think you should be teaching him that form."

"And what have you been teaching him? I just spent the last four hours going over every form and having to correct half of what he has learned. What I was just showing him was how the different forms work together. He needs to be shown his full potential and mastery of the Force. Stop holding him back because of some misguided adherence to tradition."

"I know you mean well, but I am his master and I will determine when he is ready to learn something and not before." Revan tossed a training lightsaber at Obi Wan and he attacked as soon as he caught it. Revan had not fought Obi Wan yet, but in seconds he knew this was a Soresu practitioner. Good a test of endurance then. Drawing on the Force he countered Kenobi's every defense with a strike and counter strike.

Kenobi was instantly thrown off guard and had to scramble to maintain even the basics of defense. Surik was relentless and his forms rapidly jumped from one form to the next sticking with one for several moves or minutes before switching to another. Some moves were so random that he had to draw in the Force to keep up with the lightning-fast strikes that stung his hands with the strength this man could apply. He pushed Obi Wan all around the room like a tooka chasing a meal. Obi Wan was sweating in minutes and after an hour he realized he was not as fit or prepared as he thought he had trained to be. His mastery of Form III had been challenged and he came up wanting as he was driven into a corner and tapped six times once in each of his limbs his neck and groin.

"I rest my case." Obi Wan was panting as he watched Surik walk calmly away barely breathing harder than he had when he started. He had heard the man was a power house who pummeled Cin Drallig and Mace Windu daily after he worked through the other duelists in the order. This was not how he wanted to face him for the first time.

"How?"

"The simple reason is that you do not train to kill. If you faced a Sith then he would kill you." This made Kenobi nearly allow his anger to get the better of his tongue. He thought it better to ask a question instead.

"And you have?"

"I..." Kenobi watched the changes flashed over the man's face which rarely showed any emotion. Then he felt a buildup of the dark side that made his eyes widen in shock before it switched to feeling light. It was then that they locked eyes with each other and Kenobi understood. He may not know, but he understood that this man had seen things that few Jedi had. The biggest wonder was how did he know?

Revan Between Worldsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें