Chapter eight

{AN: I'm finally posting another chapter. Sorry it's been so long, especially considering I ended with a cliffhanger but, I've been busy with school and along with that some personal things were happening. But I'm finally back. Hope you guys enjoy!!}

"Oh shit. Wrong room." Some random party go-er says, then walks out and closes the door.

My nerves calm. I look back at Pope. He clears his throat.

I start laughing. A mixture of relief, anxiety, happiness, I don't even know. But I just can't stop laughing.

Pope, still out of breath, looks at me with concern. I can barely look back at him because my eyes are glued shut with laughter.

I walk over to the bed and breathe in and out to stop it.

"Um, you good?" He says.

No, obviously not.

I've had anxiety attacks, but never like this.

Once it finally stops, I take a minute to catch my breath.

"Should we go back down to the party?" He asks, a faint look of worry still in his eyes.

"No. I'm just gonna sit in here for a while." I say, not being able to shake this feeling of random anxiety.

He sits down on the bed next to me. I look down and my hand and notice that it's a little shaky. Pope looks down at my hands too, and he must have noticed because he interlocks my hand with his. This kind of calms my anxiety.

I look over at him. He smiles at me as an attempt to ease my nerves.

We sit like this for a few minutes, with each minute passing I start to feel more and more calm.

Then I hear the door bust open. Jesus Christ, why didn't we lock the door?

Pope rips his hand from mine, leaving a feeling of coldness on my hand as the contact is lost. He very quickly moves away from me.

I turn my head to see who opened the door. It's Sarah. She looks back and forth between the two of us, and a very faint suspecting smile appears on her face.

"Kie is like really, really drunk. We're heading out. Y'all coming?" She inquiries. Pope hops up from the bed and looks back at me before exiting the room and walking away. Sarah waits at the door for me to get up off the bed.

I get up and walk over to her. We start slowly walking down the stairs, me waiting for her to ask.

"So, what happened?"

"Not much." I say.

"The look on your faces didn't look like that. Come on, tell me."

"We just kissed." I say, and she punches me in the shoulder.

"Ow." I fake wince, rubbing the area she punched me dramatically.

She rolls her eyes. "That's amazing, JJ. You've wanted this for a while." She says.

"I know. I just don't know if he wants us to go anywhere." I say, looking down and the floor.

"Hm." She says. By now, we're downstairs and our eyes are scanning the crowd for our friends. I spot Kie walking slowly with the help of John B. We walk over to them.

I look at Kie and see her blood-red heavy eyes. She is mumbling something we can't understand. I've seen Kie drunk, but never this. We help her out the door. Ah shit, we walked here. This is gonna be fun.