Chapter 18

People handled grief differently. Beomgyu knew that. They either find a new hobby or a distraction but he was so tired of everything and it might have been a total last minute decision but he found himself handing in his two weeks’ notice to leave his job. His boss had looked at him with disappointment, telling him that he did not do anything great the past two years he had spent in the company and all Beomgyu could do was sigh in silence. At least he only had to put up with this for two more weeks. He probably would regret this when he ends up being jobless but his experience with Taehyun taught him that he had to put himself first. He wanted to finally try letting go of his fears and try to achieve something. When Beomgyu broke the news to his only friend at work, he was surprised when Sunoo teared up.

“Hyung, you are leaving? what am I going to do without you?” He sniffed sadly.

“Sunoo…I will always be here with you.” Beomgyu said, gently patting the younger man trying to soothe him. “You know… I have a group of friends… and we meet every week and I am sure they would love to adopt you into the group.” He smiled at the man sincerely.

Sunoo looked up at him with bright eyes and Beomgyu wanted to coo at how cute this man was. “Are you for real hyung?”

“Yes. I am serious.”

“Ah… Thank you hyung. Maybe I will finally get to see the friend you were obsessed with!”

Beomgyu had not told anything about what went down with Taehyun to Sunoo and he felt his heart clench as he was suddenly reminded of the younger man’s existence.

“He is no longer my friend, Ddeonu.” Beomgyu sighed and he watched the younger man’s face drop.

“Oh, is that why you have been looking this depressed, hyung?”

Beomgyu did not answer, the topic of Taehyun still hurting him even though it had been weeks since the party and their falling out happened.

“I had never seen you happier the last few months… well other than this month that is.”

“I will be fine, Sunoo.” Beomgyu said softly.

Two weeks passed by slowly, without a sound from Taehyun. Beomgyu thought it would be difficult initially, but he found out that he was able to cope, by distracting himself and applying to numerous companies for auditions, even to BTS. He had saved up a little below the money for it, but his friends had offered to pitch in, and Beomgyu was grateful.

He was packing all of his things that were mostly little trinkets and pictures of him with his friends into boxes. There was one picture that caught his eyes, it was taken during the time they had gone to the guesthouse, the one Jungwon had printed for them and he picked it up and looked at it sadly. All of them looked so happy and his eyes went to Taehyun, the man was glowing, his hand causally over Beomgyu, both of them smiling at the camera unknowingly, that things would get fucked up in the future. It seemed like it was taken years ago and back then everything had just been casual, yet they looked so radiant. Beomgyu tossed it into box, finished gathering his things and Sunoo helped him carry them to his car downstairs.

Beomgyu went back up to see his boss one last time before he set foot outside the building and never return back.

“Beomgyu.” The boss said, his voice cold.

“I am leaving now.” Beomgyu said.

His boss nodded his head in acknowledgment, dismissing him.

“I just wanted to say, I have made some horrible decisions in my life. But leaving this job…” Beomgyu took a deep breath and exhaled, “Was definitely the best decision of my life.”