Chapter 6

Chapter 6

DRACO'S POV

Okay this was it. I'm going to ask Rose to the ball. This is it. Don't back down Draco. You can do this. I saw Rose walk down the hall. I pulled her over.

"Oh, hey Draco what's up?" She asked.

Her voice is so charming, and it harmonizes beautifully. Okay Draco what has gotten into you? You are an almighty Slytherin. You do not fall in love with pathetic Gryffindor’s.

"The sky." I reply.

Yeah, I read somewhere girls dig a guy with a sense of humor. I bet she already likes me. I smirk.

She rolls her eyes. I'll take it she didn't like the joke...oh well.

"Seriously though, what do you need?"

I take a deep breath. "Do you wanna go to the dance with me" I ask.

Finally, got it off my chest. She is totally going to say yes. I'm the perfect package. Smart, funny, handsome. Every Slytherin girl likes me, so she should too.

"I'm sorry Draco, but I'm going with someone else."

Okay what? The dance is like in a week and she already has a date? Wow, I better step my game up.

"Who are you going with?" I ask meekly, trying to hide my frown.

"Cedric Diggory."

Oh that prat. Who does he think he is anyway? Just because all the Ravenclaw and Gryffindor girls think he's cute.

"Oh, well..." I thought of an excuse so I won't be humiliated.

"I never wanted to go to the dance with you anyways. This was a dare."

Hah, now I won't be humiliated. I'll just say it was for a joke. Hurt flashed through her eyes. Ouch. That one bit me in the butt.

Then she said. "That's nice Draco, have a good day."

Then she walked away. Wait...that's it? No, oh I'll try to cancel with him? No, oh maybe I can go with you. She just left with a 'have a good day'? My self-esteem is pretty low right now. I walk into the dining hall.

"Hey Draco, where were you?" Crabbe asked.

"Just around Crabbe." I answered.

He let it go. While we were eating I noticed that everyone's eyes were on Rose. Not constantly but it would wander to her. Like a force, Rose is so likable.

"Draco!"

I turn my head. It was just Pansy.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Who are you going to the dance with?"

Um. What do I say?! "Oh, I haven't chosen yet."

Cool. Nice answer, seems like I have a lot of choices.

"Oh. Well who are you considering?"

Crap.

"Oh, you know, lots of people, I have to go Pansy." I say walking out.

"Well Draco, want to go with me?" Pansy asked.

Okay, it isn't like Pansy is ugly or anything; it's just that she isn't pretty. You know those people? The ones that are definitely not ugly, but they aren't pretty. She is definitely not as pretty as Rose though. I see how all those guys look at her, and she seems to be really close to Harry. Maybe she likes him? How could she? Potter is arrogant, self-centered and thinks he's the best just because of that scar.