| thirty three ; hwang dong-su's end

Start from the beginning

if all members of the scavenger guild are on the move, it means that thomas andre is behind this. this is something big. the deputy director wondered.

adam froze on his spot after discovering thomas andre walked out of the guild building's entrance. he took a sweeping look around once before climbing into a waiting car. the vehicle then hurriedly set off to an unknown destination.

it just so happened to be in the same direction where the hunters of the scavenger guild had disappeared off to as well.

"sir, the goliath, thomas andre has made his move as well."

the deputy director turned to adam whose eyes had widened. he looked back at the deputy director.

"this is bad news," the deputy director muttered.

"that's not the bad news," adam interrupted as he shoved his phone to the deputy director.

"hunter y/n is already at that location!"

***

"are you sure this is okay?"

a man looked at jin-ho who was lying unconscious while baek-hyun struggled to stay awake.

hwang dong-su nodded his head, "i'm not planning on doing anything to them. there's just one thing i want to know."

"so why drag this one?" the man asked as he pointed to baek-hyun. "i'm pretty sure he wasn't involved in your brother's murder."

"it's to serve payback for y/n," hwang dong-su shortly replied.

thomas warned hwang dong-su not to provoke sung jin-woo but he never planned on messing with him in the first place. there was still one more person who could provide him with answers.

i told him that if he told me honestly what exactly happened to my brother, i would let him and baek-hyun go without a scratch. there was just one thing i wanted to hear.

that sung jin-woo killed my brother.

"oi, wake up," hwang dong-su lightly punched jin-ho's waist.

after hearing no response, hwang dong-su punched jin-ho even harder. "i said wake up!"

jin-ho's eyes shot open as he spat out another pool of blood.

the third man in hwang dong-su's group began cackling out, "he's pretty durable. i guess he's a tanker after all. any normal person would've been dead by now."

"i don't know why he's being so stubborn, this naive-looking bastard. courage is commendable, but your stubbornness won't lead to forgiveness," hwang dong-su commented.

he let out a scoff before harshly pushing jin-ho's head into the pillar behind him.

"listen up," he ordered. "i don't want to kill you or your guild-mate. the guy who's smirking behind me is a pretty decent healer and he's going to save you and baek-hyun whenever you two are on the brink of death."

jin-ho let out a shuddered breath as hwang dong-su continued, "which means, you and baek-hyun will be tortured here forever. that is, until you tell me what i want to hear."