Trolls 3 Announced!

In 725 days from the day it was announced (Nov

In 725 days from the day it was announced (Nov. 22, 2021), Trolls 3 will be released!

(Unless it gets changed.)

It is going to be released exclusively to theaters for a bit (17 or 31 days). This is regular for a movie, so nothing special, but it's all we've got right now.

The theatre timeframe is actually shorter than it used to be, and that's because of Trolls World Tour! There's an explanation at the bottom. It's really cool!
___

Links to the Trolls social media pages:

https://www.instagram.com/trolls/

https://mobile.twitter.com/trolls?lang=en

https://m.facebook.com/DreamWorksTrolls/

I don't think links work on Wattpad right now, but maybe they will in the future!
___

How Trolls World Tour shortened the time that movies spent in theatres:

When COVID hit, a lot of movies were postponed so they could be released in theatres. But not Trolls World Tour. It released straight to video-on-demand (VOD), meaning it could be rented from home! This had never been done by a major film studio (such as Universal).

Trolls World Tour preceded to make more than what it was predicted to make. After its success, Universal decided that it was going to simultaneously release movies to VOD and theatres.

Now, theatres had let releasing TWT straight to VOD slide because of the situation that the world was in (a big ol' pandemic). There was literally nothing else to watch. TWT was the first movie to do that. But if Universal started doing that to ALL of its movies, theatres would quickly run out of business.

So AMC Theatres banned Universal.

Of course, this was bad for Universal. They still would have made money from theatres, even while releasing to VOD. So, Universal worked out a new deal with AMC:

Movies play only in theatres for 17 days, unless they make $50 million on their first weekend, in which case the timeframe is extended to 31 days. Also, theatres now make money from VOD sales (isn't that crazy?). Other film studios and theatre chains quickly followed suit with similar deals!

Thanks, Trolls World Tour!
___

Thanks, Trolls World Tour!___