Chapter 3: Severely Injured

Leading them down the right path was easier said than done. It was difficult even to help one child, let alone five.

They were quite young and weren't in a good situation, but Mu Jingzhe wouldn't belittle them just because they were pitiful and young. She easily made the decision to attempt to guide them to the right path.

As an old Chinese saying goes, one can tell how one's adulthood will turn out by the time one is three years old. The oldest, Shao Dong and Shao Xi, were already seven years old, Shao Nan and Shao Bei were five years old, while Shao Zhong was three.

Many personality traits had already formed. They had suffered through many hardships and difficulties, so some things had already planted seeds in them and sprouted.

You're saying that you're going to guide them now?

Oh please, don't be so naive.

Even if the children's biological parents attempted this, it would be difficult for them, let alone for her, who the children loathed and were wary of.

In the past, whenever the younger kids at the orphanage had been disobedient or done bad things, she had scolded them and even punished them to teach them a lesson. But these children?

It was hard to be a stepmother, and she would probably die faster if she beat or scolded them.

If she did that, they would probably take revenge when they grew up.

Mu Jingzhe didn't dare underestimate the five children. She treated them as equals, so she was very cautious.

After thinking about it, she decided to stay and bear the responsibility of taking care of them. She would protect them and prevent others from bullying them.

As for guiding them onto the right path, she would try to do so when possible but wouldn't force it. She would usually mind her own business and be their temporary mother or nanny.

If she had to be their nanny, so be it. A grown woman could adapt to the circumstances. This was what she should do after choosing to stay.

When she found a way to leave Great Eastern Village and had her own income and career, she would leave.

She wouldn't ask for anything else. It would be fine as long as they didn't take revenge on her in the future.

Yes, that was all for now.

With that thought in mind, Mu Jingzhe quickly got into character. "Shao Qiyang, let me carry her for a while."

Shao Qiyang was also an important figure she needed to improve her relationship with. She needed to change his impression of her. Right now, Shao Qiyang was the one supporting her and these five children. In short, he was the boss.

As a qualified employee, she had to know how to share her boss' burden.

Mu Jingzhe smiled at Shao Bei. "Little Bei, can I carry you?"

Shao Bei wrapped her arms around Shao Qiyang's neck tightly, using her actions to prove that she hadn't forgotten that the original Mu Jingzhe had secretly pinched her.

Shao Qiyang glanced at her. "No need."

He had decided last night that he would kick her out today.

However, she had just helped take Little Bei to the hospital last night. It seemed a little heartless to make her go back today.So... Tomorrow, maybe. He decided he would kick her out tomorrow.

Mu Jingzhe, who had no idea Shao Qiyang was preoccupied with thoughts of kicking her out, nodded obediently and told herself that she had to listen to whatever her boss said.