Chapter 28:...Declaration!

Start from the beginning

Everybody looked over at them and seemed to understand, running to grab Nidoking.

The ice had mostly thawed by then, so Nidoking was able to break out and struggle against this.

A.J, who was on the ground, quickly aimed and threw his bone to the back of Nidoking's knee, making his leg collapse and forcing him to the ground.

The Grotto Rangers went to hold Nidoking down as Sophie reached the top of the frame. She jumped up and aimed towards Nidoking, soon throwing Oliver with her Dragon Claw, "Do it, Oliver!"

Water surrounded Oliver in a spiral motion as he rocketed towards the ground and Nidoking himself.

"I don't know how..."

"But you managed to turn a battle of the four of us versus Nidoking to the whole Grotto fighting alongside us..."

"I don't care what they say, that alone is worthy of being called a Grotto Ranger... Logan."

Meanwhile, Logan struggled to open his eyes, his face bruised and battered caused by the one punch from Nidoking.

He looked up, and he saw his father sitting next to him. His father remained silent, and only pointed forwards, at the battle. Logan followed his father's paw before seeing everyone putting their best effort in to hold Nidoking down while Oliver approached.

Logan's eyes filled with tears, and completely exhausted, all he could do was cry.

Nine Years Ago, Forest Grotto

The sun was shining bright on a clear day. There were no clouds in the sky as a young Logan walked between his mother and father.

"It took that long for you to ask Mom out, Dad?" Logan asked, chuckling a little.

"It didn't take that long!" Kenny tried to defend himself, "Your mother knew I liked her, but I was pretty much forced to make the first move."

"And you did." Emily grinned, "Instead of being a little Torchic..."

The Scorbunny began laughing as Kenny blushed embarrassedly.

Their conversation was interrupted, however, when the family heard an explosion from a nearby store.

"The hell?" Emily's attention immediately turned to the explosion, "We have to check that out, hon."

"No kidding..." Kenney's embarrassed blush faded as his expression turned serious.

"Where's the fight!?" Logan clenched his paws, looking determined.

"You already know that you're not coming..." The female Cinderace looked at him, "Remember what I said a few weeks ago?"

"Leave the adventure to the pros, I know..." The Scorbunny's ears dropped, a bit disappointed.

Emily went to kiss his forehead, "Now please don't go running off again, we don't know what's going on."

Logan nodded silently.

"Now, head to the Pokémon Center," Kenny told him, "Your Aipom friend should be there too, don't get separated once you find her."

He nodded again.

"Good boy," Emily hugged him, "Love 'ya sweetie."

"Love you too mom..." He blushed embarrassedly, looking away.

"Bye Logan!" Emily was already rushing off in a matter of seconds at high speeds.

Kenny smiled, softly patting Logan's head, "I love you son. Stay safe, and protect your friend if you absolutely have to."