10. Potato.

"Takda hi jawan

Ena tenu chahwan

Nazran tere toh na hatawan main"

Kiara's POV:

"Shubman, you can't leave like this, you'll have to eat dinner with us." Mami insisted.

"Yes Jijs, please?" Ayesha added.

"I really can't Aish, I told Mumma, I'd be coming home for dinner." Shubman said.

"Di, why don't you ask him?" Ayesha whispered, nudging me.

"What? Why? I mean, you guys already did and.."

"Just do it." She pushed me forward and my shoulder collided with Shubman's arm. I turned back, glaring at her.

I cleared my throat, thinking of something to say.

"Uhm, stay?" Was all I could utter. "Please?" I added, noticing that it seemed short and just formal.

"Um, yeah, okay." He hesitated, before nodding.

"Yeah?" I asked again, just to make sure if he's really staying on my insistence.

"Yeah." He smiled and although, I'd hate to admit that but my heart did a little jumping jack kinda thing-y.

"What'd you like to eat?" I asked him, not being able to contain my smile.

"Anything, literally anything, I'm so hungry." Yes, this guy just tried to imitate me. I had said the exact same words when we were on lunch.

"Shubman!" I hit his shoulder lightly and he laughed.

"Okay, okay." 

"Let's play a game of cards till then." Mama said, excitedly.

"Yeah, I'll play too." Ayesha added.

"Okay, you guys go on, I'll join you late-"

"Wait, you're not playing?" Shubman asked, interrupting me.

"Nah, I gotta go help Mami in the kitchen."

"Ohho, someone's not getting enough time to spend with Di.." I heard Ayesha tease Shubman and I facepalmed.

"Kiara, my legs hurt now." Mami sighed as soon as I entered the kitchen. Not a new thing, she starts this drama everytime she wants me to do something for her.

"Hmm. You need help?" I asked, as politely as I could.

"Yeah, I'm done making the sabji, can you make the rotis please?"

"Sure, I'll do it." I said, picking up the apron. "And oh, they're playing cards, you can joi-" When I turned around to look at her, she was already gone. Wow, great!

-----

Turning the tap on, I splashed the water on my face, once I was done making the rotis. I packed them neatly in the casserole and put it away, with the rest of the dinner.

"Kiara, you're done?" Mami asked.

"Yeah, you take the plates, I'll bring the bowls." I said, handing her the things.

"What's the laugh about?" I asked, joining everyone on the dining table.

"Oh, I was just telling Shubman how you swallowed a coin when you were a child." Mama and Shubman shared a good laugh.