"Oh, that's typical, isn't it?" Klaus rolled his eyes, "Marcel fills a room with dynamite, and yet I'm the tactless one."

Elijah didn't react to Klaus' remark. He only frowned as he stared down at the bomb attached to the leg of Jackson's chair. "I recognize these explosives from the attack on the bayou," He turned to give Klaus and Cadence a questioning look, "Could you remind me again why you believed that Marcel was innocent?"

"Remind me to ask him before I pull out his innards," Klaus responded in a calm yet threatening tone.

Cadence stared at Klaus, thinking deeply about the revelation. She knew Marcel. She couldn't understand how he was capable of putting bombs in the bayou knowing her children were there. He loved the twins. He'd been there their entire lives. Hell, he was even in the room when she gave birth to them. He had compelled the hospital to give her the best care and to give her anything she needed, regardless of what it was.

Yet he was the one responsible for the attack that could have possibly led to their deaths?

Cadence ripped open yet another cover to a crate, only to have her eyes widen at the sight of several explosives, far more than the others. "Umm, yeah, okay," She spoke up uneasily, "Avoid this area altogether if you're not looking to blow up into a million pieces."

Just then, Elijah's phone rang and upon seeing who it was, he raised it for all to see. "Impeccable timing," He commented before answering the phone, "Jackson is fine. He's...a little tied up right now. Could we call you back?"

At the same time, Klaus and Cadence turned to each other and laughed, finding Elijah's choice of words given Jackson's current state.

Just then, while standing beside Klaus, Cadence ripped open another crate, only to frown when she found a folded note inside. It began to beep, causing Klaus to sigh. "Oh, that doesn't bode well."

"Are you trying to kill us?" Jackson yelled at Cadence in urgency.

Cautiously, Klaus picked up the note and Cadence sighed at what the note read, "This is for Thierry."

Turning to Cadence, the duo's eyes widened in alarm, realizing the entire warehouse was about to blow up. "Klaus!" Cadence worriedly exclaimed, a part of her fearing the outcome. Unlike Klaus and Elijah, she wouldn't survive the explosion. Neither would Jackson.

Without hesitation, Klaus grabbed Cadence by her arms and sped out of the warehouse, Elijah doing the same with Jackson not that much later.

Cadence's eyes remained shut, fearing what came next. However, she opened them the moment she felt her back collide with the pavement.

She grunted and frowned, the feeling of another body lying on top of her. She opened her eyes, a part of her gradually beginning to smile at the sight of Klaus hovering above her.

"Now, love, did you really think I'd let you blow into bits?" Klaus smirked and Cadence leaned her head back against the cement, a small sigh escaping her parted lips.

The two continued to gaze at each other, not saying a word as the tension only grew between them. "Are you planning to stay like this forever?" She asked him and Klaus' smirk only grew wider.

"I quite like this position, actually," Klaus commented as he moved the hair out of Cadence's face.

"Mmm," She hummed in response as she leaned closer to him, "I bet you do."