Edelweiss (A Short Songfic)

Start from the beginning

When I confessed my love to her, she had stared at me for a while.

"You don't mean it." She had said sharply.

"I do." I responded.

"That's what everyone says. All the boys that had come up to me and told me that they loved me."

"Maybe they didn't. But I do."

"That's not the point."

"I swear, I really do love you."

"I am cold and reserved. How would you love me?"

"You're beautiful. And you're like an edelweiss flower, able to withstand even the harshest circumstances."

"You know, if I was ever tired of someone rambling about loving me, I'd scare then away with my father's gun"

I laughed, and she had joined in, before reverting back to the stern expression she previously had on her face.

"I'm not worth your while. Trust me."

"But you are. You really are."

"No I'm not. Besides, how am I supposed to be sure that you truly love me?"

I paused. My words were not enough to persuade her.

"That's what I thought." She picked up her white beret, putting it on her head. "I'd suggest that you stop wasting your time on a girl like me."

With that, she left.

And that was how I made my decision.

ʙʟᴏꜱꜱᴏᴍ ᴏꜰ ꜱɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴀʏ ʏᴏᴜ ʙʟᴏᴏᴍ ᴀɴᴅ ɢʀᴏᴡ

Finally, I saw it.

A small cluster of white flowers with fuzzy little petals, standing in the snow, unfazed by the cold weather.

They reminded me of her. If she had come here with me, she definitely have been able to withstand the harsh climate.

It was as if the flowers were waiting to be picked. And they were going to be.

I searched through the cluster for the blossom that looked the prettiest. I spotted a tall flower in the cluster of edelweiss blossoms. It seemed to be standing tall, differentiating it from the rest.

It reminded me of her. Her cold attitude standing out amongst the other girls.

I picked the flower. I had never felt so accomplished in my life.

At that moment, I seemed to forget where I was, and what would happen to me if I did so.

ʙʟᴏᴏᴍ ᴀɴᴅ ɢʀᴏᴡ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ

Some who came up here had died from the cold. Others had died from falling off cliffs.

It looked like I was going to be one of them.

Forgetting where I was standing, I took a step backwards and slipped.

Luckily, my hand had grabbed the edge of the cliff just in time.

With the edelweiss flower in one hand, and the other holding my glasses and grabbing on to the edge of the cliff, it seemed like I was going to slip.

I knew that I shouldn't look down, but I couldn't help it.

Looking down at the chasm below, I gulped, realising how long of a fall it would be if I let go of the edge.

My hand was trembling. I was afraid that if I tried to haul myself up, it would be no use.

All because I had loved a girl.

But who wouldn't have loved her? She was beautiful. She was tough.

But she didn't trust me.

She didn't think that I was telling the truth when I said that I loved her.

My hand started slipping. I let go of my glasses, grabbing onto a small rock that was at the edge of the cliff. I tried using my other hand, the one that was holding the edelweiss, to haul myself up.

I had dropped the edelweiss onto the snow, but my hand slipped. Now, I only had one hand holding on, and even that hand was starting to go numb.

As I was dangling from the cliff, all I could think of was her. The girl I loved. The girl as tough as an edelweiss flower, withstanding the harsh climate.

My sweet edelweiss, Adelheid.

ᴇᴅᴇʟᴡᴇɪꜱꜱ, ᴇᴅᴇʟᴡᴇɪꜱꜱ
ʙʟᴇꜱꜱ ᴍʏ ʜᴏᴍᴇ-ʟᴀɴᴅ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ

~☆♡☆~

My oldest short story was a fun little songfic. Surprisingly it's not as cringey as I thought lmao

Thanks for reading! Have a good day/night, and stay safe!

Peace out,

Confusion owo