When I finally reached Taco Bell, I ordered some food and not much happened. I got home and Ellie was at the door, looking furious with her hands crossed.

"Ahem," her eyes shot daggers at me. "Why did you eat my precious tacos!?"

"Chill," I muttered. "Anyway, I bought some more tacos for a certain grumpy friend."

She smiled and we ate the tacos. We also chatted about those Karens we've been seeing at McDonald's lately. Man, they are ANNOYING!

~~~

"Hey!" Ellie shrieked.

"Cheese niblets!!" I shouted. I looked up from the book I was reading. I wanted to ask her what she wants, but I figured no. Then I renounced that and asked. I bet she's gonna say another stupid idea. And she did.

"Do you wanna go check out that old mansion found at the forest?" she squealed excitedly.

"Huh? What the hell are you talking about-"

"C'mon! There are ghost stories and I wanna see if their true!"

I sighed, "Ellie, there is no way-"

"PLEASE????" she knelt and gave me her puppy dog eyes. I chuckled and burst into laughter.

"I was gonna say," I whispered. "THERE IS NO WAY I'D SAY NO TO THAT IDEA!!!"

I stood up, "C'MON SHERLOCK, WE'RE GOING ON A GHOST HAUNT!!!"

"YEAHHHHHH!!!" Ellie shouted in glee.

When we finally arrived at the mansion, it was night. The sun already set and it was getting dark. We took out our flashlights and went inside. We saw loads of pictures, paintings, medals, those deer, moose or whatever animal's heads hanging, and more.

The floor creaked wherever we stepped and rats, cockroaches and other creatures would crawl on the ground. I reckon Ellie saw a snake.

We decided to split up, even though it was the main MISTAKE purposely made by the protagonists in horror films. 

Ha! I ain't afraid of ghosts! I'm a demon! Well... Maybe a little bit, but I won't die if they attack me. Hopefully.

I walked in a messy bedroom. A painting of a woman wearing a yellow shirt and a denim jumper. She had socks that stretched to her knees and black shoes. Her hair was tied to two pigtails. Her skin was light and her eyes were black. Her cheeks blushed a red color. She wore a calm smile that spread ear-to-ear.

It looked like the girl from Ukraine's house! But older! She looked like she was 17-19 years old. I saw her holding a rose. It was burning. Was that the 'Burning Rose' she talked about? Maybe. I walked close and saw a book with a pentagram on the cover. It wrote "Witchcraft and demons" on the cover.

Curious, I opened the book. I flipped until I saw a page saying something about what the girl said.

The Burning Rose is a rose that can take a person from one place to another like teleportation. The flower can take you anywhere, even mythical or fantasy places. Nothing can stop the flower from taking you to your dream destination.

Unfortunately, as the name suggests, the petals are set on a blue flame that exceeds 2750° C (the melting point of iron) and is nearly impossible to touch. 

Although the petals are on fire, the stem will not be affected and is safe to touch (you have to watch out for the thorns). The fire from the flower does not spread like normal fires and stays with the petals.

Interesting. No wonder why the girl suggested this to me, it can teleport you anywhere and nothing can stop it. I'm also a demon and we aren't affected by fire or heat, so I won't burn myself even if the flame was 2750° C. 

Another book caught my eye. It was in a leather-covered book. The text engraved on it made me shocked. It wrote, "My Adventure in the Countryhuman world" in gold. My eyes widened. Has she been in the Countryhumans world?

I immediately grabbed the book and stashed it in my backpack. I turned to leave when a voice made me stop.

"Where are we?" I turned around and saw Dahlia, looking confused.

"I'm back at the human world!" I said proudly. Her eyes widened.

"WHAT?! HOW?! WHEN?! WHAT HAPPENED?!" she shrieked. She looked around, explored the room, and looked back at me.

"Well, it's kinda a long story-"

"Hey!" Ellie called from behind me. Dahlia went away.

"What?" I asked.

"It's 1:48 already, wanna stay here?"

"Sure! We can stay until the witching hour, hopefully there will be ghosts." I concluded. 

Luckily, she brought two sleeping bags and we decided to sleep in the bedroom we were at right now. You know, where I saw that painting. We were about to sleep when I got an idea. I shook Ellie before she completely gives in to sleep.

"What?"

"I have an idea, give me your phone." Ellie handed me her phone. I checked the battery. It was 100% charged. Great.

I scurried downstairs and teleported back at our home. I grabbed a shotgun and made sure it wasn't loaded. After 3 clicks, I went back and placed the shotgun, pointing at the wall. I set Ellie's phone on camera mode and started recording.

Then we went to sleep.

~~~

The rays of the sun met with my eyes. I woke up and shook Ellie to wake her up too. As expected, she turned to me, cursed, and said, "Five more minutes" groggily. After I finally lost my patience, I shouted at her.

"FIRE! FIRE! THE BUILDING IS ON FIRE!!!" I shrieked. Ellie immediately got up. She glared at me as I checked her phone. I opened it and we both watched what happened.

In the video, we laid down asleep. An hour passed and it was 3:26 am. The shot gun moved and rotated, pointing to me. It clicked, meaning the trigger was pulled and it clicked several times before it rotated and moved back to its original position.

"Whoa," Ellie said in amazement. "This mansion is haunted, cool!"

"I know!" I whooped. "Let's post it on YouTube! Maybe we'll get some views."

"Great idea!" Ellie agreed, giving me a thumbs up. "But first..."

She walked near and slapped me in the face.

"What the-"

"Before we become YouTube famous," she started. "YOU AND YOUR LAZY, PROCRASTINATING ASS NEED TO FINISH YOUR GODDAMN BOOK!!"

I stared. She continued, "I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR BOOK 4 ON YOUR NOVEL SERIES, [insert book title here], AND SO IS EVERYONE, BUT BECAUSE YOU KEEP PROCRASTINATING SO MUCH, WE ARE BASICALLY BEGGING TO KNOW HOW THE FUCK DID THEY SURVIVE!!!"

"OK!! GEEZ, CHILL!!!" I screamed back at her. Then we burst into laughter.