-- Chapter Twenty One --

Chapters are going to be a little short. Just trying to build up to the end, yah know??

Enjoy!

:)

—————

The group stood around the table. Natasha was eager to hear what this woman had to say. If she knew where he was, then the plan was simple. And Natasha was up for any plan that involved getting her soulmate back.

Her heart clenched at the thought of her. Everyone was coping differently. Like many times before, when she was with HYDRA, and when Daisy was after her, they were always missing her someway. But what was different now, was that they weren't sure she was coming back.

But like Steve, secretly, Natasha had hope that she would. One day.

"Thanos spent a long time trying to perfect me." Nebula began. Looking away from everyone as she spoke lowly. "And when he worked, he talked about his Great Plan. Even disassembled, I wanted to please him." Her words were harsh. Natasha could sense the anger. The hurt. She knew all about that.

"I'd ask...where would we go once his plan was complete? And his answer was always the same." She walked over to the table. "To The Garden." She says.

"That's cute. Thanos has a retirement plan." Rhodes jokes, bitterly.

""So, where is he?" Steve asks

Natasha watched as the raccoon turned on the hologram. Since she's met the thing, she wasn't going to lie to herself by saying it freaked her out. Just a little.

"When Thanos snapped his fingers....Earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions." He says, "no one's ever seen anything like it. Until two days ago...on this planet."

The scene changed from Earth to another planet. Natasha looked at it closer.

"Thanos is there." Nebula says

"He used the stones again." The assassin stated.

"Hey, hey, hey." The sound of Bruce fils the room, "we'd be going in shorthanded, you know?"

"Look, he's still got the stones, so..."

"So, let's get him." Carol said, "use them to bring everyone back."

"Just like that?" Bruce wanted to bring everyone back. He wanted Evangeline back. But he wasn't so sure this was the way to go. Could they pull it off without it completely backfiring, again?

"Yeah." Steve reply's. "Just like that."

"Even if there's a small chance that we can undo this...I mean we owe it to everyone who's not in this room to try." Natasha says, her heart beats fast. The others understand who she's mostly referencing to. They owe it to Evangeline.

"I mean, if we do this, how do we know it's gonna end any differently than it did before?" Bruce asked, speaking his concern.

"Because before you didn't have me." Carol states confidently.

"Hey, new girl? Everybody in this room is all about that superhero life." Rhodes comments, "and if you don't mind my asking, where the hell have you been all this time?"

"There are a lot of other planets in the universe. And unfortunately, they don't have you guys."

Rhodes rolls his eyes. Sharing a look with Steve, he shrugged his shoulders. Accepting the answer.