"i'm worried about will." mike's voice softened.

"you're not the only one frog face." jordyn laid in her bed.

"i was thinking Will could've cast protection last night but he didn't he cast fireball. over."

"what's your point. over?" jordyn asked.

"my point is he could've played it safe. but he didn't. he put himself in danger to help the party, over."

they were quiet for about a minute.

"i don't know nothing bout that but meet me in ten over and out." jordyn responded. she ran to lucas's room barging in his room.

Lucas jumps, looking at jordyn with wide eyes. "jordyn knock! what if i was ass naked!?" he exclaimed.

"lucas! what your mouth!" their mom yelled.

"sorry mom!" lucas yelled.

"get everything we need, we're lookin for will." she spoke, then ran back to her room.

silence as the kids rode their bikes down "Mirkwood" road

mike leads the way. he slows to a stop.

"why're we stopping? what's wrong?" jordyn asked.

mike doesn't answer. he just looks off into the woods.

dustin and lucas follow his gaze to a find a line of police tape wrapped around a row of trees along the side of the road.

they look up. lighting flashes the sky. a plop of water hits dustin in the face.

"oh man you guys feel that?" dustin asked. dustin holds out a hand. watches water fall on his palm. "maybe we should go back."

"no splitting up or anything stupid like that, but stay on channel six. just in case." mike said.

with that, mike and jordyn heads into the woods hand in hand, ducking under the caution tape. lucas follows. dustin is now all alone.

another thunder crash! it scares the shit out of him.

"hey, guys wait up! WAIT UP!" dustin ran over to them.

everyone is in the woods. soaked now. their flashlights illuminate the rain.

"Will? WILL???" mike shouted.

"BYERS!?" lucas shouted.

"i've got your X-Men one-thirty-four!" dustin shouted.

"i got your funnel cakes!" jordyn shouted.

no response. only silence. they walk a little bit longer.

"guys i really think we should turn back." dustin said.

"seriously, dustin, if you want to be a baby, just go home already." lucas fumed.

"i'm just being realistic." dustin said.

"no you're just being a big sissy." lucas argued.

"you ever think Will went missing because, you know, he ran into someone bad? and now we're  going to the place where he was last seen, and we don't even have weapons or anything." dustin rambled.

"dustin shut up." mike said.

"i'm just saying, does that seem smart to you?" dustin asked. "shut up!" mike hissed.

dustin stayed quiet. everyone turned to mike.

"you guys hear that?" mike asked. they all listen. hear rustling foliage, everyone tenses.

jordyn moves closer to mike as he puts his arm around her waist.

mike slowly swings his flashlight around the dark woods. a shadow figure darts behind them. they whirl around. startled. their flashlights illuminate. she had a bald head and wild eyes, she was very pretty.