| thirty two ; kamish the calamity

Start from the beginning

"heh, what're you doing here?" y/n questioned as she peeked out from behind jin-woo.

"didn't you work for the asian branch of the bureau, mister white?" jin-woo questioned.

"ahaha," adam laughed as he scratched his head. "i was, until recently. now, i'm responsible for matters that involve you and miss y/n."

two bodyguards suddenly approached the group, standing in front of baek-hyun and jin-ho.

"your companions will be escorted to a hotel," adam added.

"go ahead with jin-chul," y/n said to the duo.

"yes, miss y/n," baek-hyun replied as they walked away.

"do you mind accompanying us to a different location for a little while?" adam carefully asked the couple.

jin-woo's glare suddenly became icy cold as he wondered if it was because of his father.

adam quickly waved his hand around as he must've felt the temperature drop, "it's something that will most certainly benefit you two. i've already explained to you what the united states hunter bureau thinks of you, haven't i?"

"are the topics we'll be discussing a secret?" y/n questioned as adam led them to a car that was waiting outside.

"where are we going?" asked jin-woo after the car began the drive to the headed destination.

"we are on our way to the hunter bureau's headquarters," adam replied. "frankly, we are under serious pressure. hunter christopher was one of the pillars of the united states' strength. now that he's dead, we are desperately trying to fill in the void he left. we will soon begin to do everything in our power to find a hunter who can replace him."

"and so, we are your candidates?" jin-woo questioned. adam nodded as his answer.

"as you are also aware, the value of a rune stone is proportional to the power of the monster the stone was extracted from. the worst calamity in the history of mankind, the raid everyone wants to forget about... dragon kamish."

y/n and jin-woo watched as a photo of the said dragon appeared on a hologram.

"we are looking for a new owner of the two rune stones extracted from the dragon," adam spoke. "what do you think of our new offer?"

y/n was about to respond when jin-woo suddenly leaned forward.

"...the photos. can you go back, please?"

"pardon me?"

"the photo before this one, i want to see it," jin-woo said.

"the photo of kamish's body?" adam questioned and went to the photo.

"has the united states been storing the corpse of kamish?" asked jin-woo.

"yes, we have..." adam muttered.

"where is this? let's go there first," jin-woo said eagerly.

"what?" adam asked.

"i've been willing to give up my time for the hunter's bureau. surely i have the right to ask for this much?" jin-woo said and looked at adam indifferently.

"the extent of my knowledge is only what the higher-ups allowed me to know," adam said truthfully. "even i do not know where the corpse of kamish is stored. however... if it was your request, i believe they'd be happy to oblige. may i ask that you wait while i make the request?"

"well we're all going to have to wait, so we might as well go there and wait there," jin-woo said.

adam formed an expression of a man not knowing whether to be rejoiced or saddened.