ONE-SHOT

It was summer the first time we met. I stared at her stained shirt because it bothered me. I wanted to wipe it away and give her a new shirt when I felt my cheeks burning. She slapped me. I still remember the pain I felt at that time. She then talked angrily at me, saying that a perverted man like me should just stay in my room until I pass away. I couldn't hear or understand her at that time as her slap was still stinging. She walked away after a friend of hers called her name, kicking me one last time. Ah, how memorable.

It was winter when we met again. She was holding her typical coffee order when I noticed her. I immediately covered my cheek. She didn't seem to remember me, but her friend sure did. Her friend laughed and pointed at me "The guy you bullied on the street." I earned a death glare from her, and it was like a rapper possessed me. I explained what had happened in a matter of seconds with my hands still on my cheeks. Her friend was dying with laughter while she was both amused and embarrassed by the truth. How amusing it was.

It was spring when I asked her to be my girlfriend. It was magical: the butterflies in my stomach, the fireworks in the sky, my heart beating fast, and her. We shared a glass of wine and made love for the first time. It was one of the happiest moments.

It was autumn when I was at my lowest. I couldn't even fake a smile. You in your favorite dress kept repeating in my mind. You, inside the casket as it lowers 6ft in the ground. The cries of everyone, pleading for it to be a nightmare. I miss you.

We were beautiful. You were beautiful.