♪ 𝟑𝟖 ♪

Beginne am Anfang

The chief opens the door and allows me in and I see Twice without his mask looking like everything and everyone is terrible.

His guard is down, his head is down, and his hands are in those anti quirk cuffs. His ankles are chained to the chair as well... god this is hard to see.

"Twice?" I ask softly and his head raise and his eyes widen.

It looks like alarm bells are ringing in his head. I rush over to him and hug him tightly. "I'm so glad you're okay!" I yell basically and yet it feels so quiet in the room.

"I told you to lay low..." Twice quietly mutters with a slight broken voice.

"Twice..." I whisper and pull away.

"Why are you not hiding? You should've never have come to see me, I'm a villain!" Twice sobs and I just, I just can't.

God he's a selfless man. "Twice, I'm safe! And I already explained to everyone that you saved me." I try to settle his nerves reassuring him that I've painted him in the best light possible, and honestly I didn't even lie, he's a genuinely nice person.

He rests his head on the table and I bend down so I can see his face. I place my hand on his knee and rub small circles. "I'm sorry... I didn't leave hiding on purpose. I promise. Katsuki found me at the supermarket because I was using my old disguise since I was used to it more..." A quiet sigh comes from his lips and he shuts his eyes.

"Why would you use an appearance people could recognize?" Twice scolds me a little and I cast my gaze downwards.

"It's hard to see someone else in the mirror everyday, I at least wanted to look in the mirror and see myself in a way. I saw someone who I used to be, a dull, simple version of myself scared of showing my true self as to not scare every person around me." My explanation leaves him in silence for a minute or two, and I allow it to settle into his mind.

"I hate having to see myself." Twice mutters.

"Why?" I sputter out before I have the chance to keep the question in my head.

A bitter sigh escapes his lips and a tear drop falls onto my hand that rest upon his knee. "Every time I see myself in the reflection, I see a bad person. I know you think I'm so good and nice, but I've hurt so many people. I've ruined too many lives by helping the league... I can't be nice, I can't see myself as nice." He confesses and I realize he's right but so so so wrong.

"Twice, you're a decent guy, not just to me, but to so many people if people got to know you better. I know Toga thinks you're a nice person..." I knew I had made a mistake mentioning Toga, but it was true, she thought well of him.

Anytime she was in my cell she would mention how Twice was the only person who was nice to her in the league, and that he made her feel more happy than when she drinks blood. It's a sick comparison morally, but I knew that what she had said was sweet truthfully.

"I hope she's okay..." He mutters out. "I don't feel whole. I feel broken, I want everyone in the league to be happy more than anyone in the world, but I've never been lower in my life than when I was with them." A full on sob wreaks his body.

"They... they took my quirk... I gave them everything, I just wanted them to be happy!" He shouts and shutters as soon as he heard his own voice echo in this cold empty room.

"They took your quirk?" My eyes widen and he nods grimly. I pull my body up and wrap his head into my arms, my poor hero.

"I'm sorry, it's my fault..." I apologize and I don't know why, but it feels like my fault.

Maybe if he hadn't pitied me he would be smiling instead of crying right now. "No... I gave it up voluntarily... I- I didn't want to suffer no more... the voices, the hurt, the pain, I didn't want none of that no more... I wanted to be able to think by myself." He explains, his throat strained and hoarse.

"Twice..." I mutter out and he grabs my hand with both of his, and looks up at me and finally meets my gaze after all this time.

"My name is Jin Bubaigawara. I'm not some loser hiding behind a cover name no more... I'm some guy named Jin now." I don't know why but it made me cry, to hear the name of my hero, of the man who saved me. It made me sob like a child who scratched their knee, like a mother who lost their baby, and like a girl who got to finally see her hero.

Jin finally returns my embrace the best he can with the stupid quirk perimeters on his hands, and I hate that he has those on. He doesn't even have a quirk anymore... I know he wouldn't lie to me, but does no one believe him?

"Miss (L/n), times up." The chief comes in and notifies me and I look at him horrified.

"No please, just a few more minutes." I beg and he shakes his head firmly. "Eraserhead only authorized 20 minutes, you'll possibly be able to visit again, but I'd doubt it since he'll be in a maximum security prison until his trial."

I'm pull away from Jin and he's quietly dragged away by the two guards who stood in front of the door before, and I see him pulled away from me... he's gone again.

"Miss, I know you're devastated, but I'm obligated to return you to your teacher." I nod with gritted teeth and he leads me back to the waiting room.

Katsuki stands up as soon as he notices me entering the waiting room and his face flashes with worry as he notices my red eyes. I meet his gaze and I break down all over again, I want Jin to meet Katsuki. I get pulled into his embraced and I cry for a bit.

I want Katsuki to see the person I see, I want everyone to see the good man Jin truly is. I will be damned if anyone stops me.

But most importantly, if I ever run into Toga again... I'll be filled with regret if I don't tell her how much Jin misses her and cares about her. I need to, I owe him, and I want to.

"(L/n)." I hear Aizawa's voice interrupt my thoughts. "Sir why did you only permit twenty minutes? You know how many things I needed to tell him."

"I can't have you wrapped up in the league's dealings again. No one can afford to have you taken again." Aizawa explains.

I cold sigh leaves my lips. "I'll do anything to get him into a better place. I want him to be happier more than anyone, he deserves happiness." I announce determined.

"(Y/n)-" Katsuki tries to stop me and I turn to him.

"No. I will, I'll testify at his trial, I'll visit everyday if I have to. Katsuki you know how much that man has done for me, I need to return what I owe. He gave me freedom, I need to help him."

Aizawa bitterly sighs, "I can't stop you, and it's not like I don't understand where you're coming from, but (L/n)... you've been hurt enough. Three months locked away basically, scared for your life, as much as I regret not being able to locate you, I can't change the past. I'll allow you to testify, but please, no public anything, you've been hidden for so long already for your own safety, don't risk it."

"I won't. I promise."

a/n: jin moment

a/n: jin moment

anyways thanks for reading :)

-1747 words-