18. The Student Council Presidential Election

Start from the beginning

---

"All in," Kirari said, staring at her chips on the table with glowing blue eyes. Rin sat across from her at the poker table, Sumika next to him. Next to Kirari was her secretary, Sayaka. The 4 were surrounded by curious students, all interested in gambling between their President and a new student. "I pass," Rin said as he threw his 2 cards on the table with a smile. 4 more times Kirari kept going all-in, stunned everyone at the fact that she was determined to lose or win everything. Even Rin looked at her a little strangely. Sumika was silent. "Unbelievable," Rin heared one of the students say. "Going all in 4 times in a row!" someone elsesaid. Rin sighed and smiled.

He stared at Kirari with his purple eyes, his dark blue hair elegantly on either side of his face. "I see you," he said, placing his hands on the table, the students behind him waiting for his next move. "You make your opponent pass by going all-in, but then you only get the bet. With a good hand, you risk everything for a low return. A foolish strategy." Kirari laughed and listened intently. How she loved when the game actually started. "But you have a lot more chips than us," Rin continued, "so our only option is to go all-in ourselves. You're forcing us to do all or nothing."

Rin's face didn't look as happy as the minute before, on the contrary, he looked bloody serious. "This is not about poker skills. You just want to see if we want to take that gamble, don't you?" Kirari's neutral face turned into a wide grin. "Ofcourse," she said with glowing eyes, "It's finally gotten interesting, now it's getting fun!" Kirari was clearly out for blood, hopefully not too literally. Sayaka was silent. Rin laughed loudly. "That's how we know you," he said. The students around the table were very confused. They all watched the event in the midst of them intently. It seemed like none of them blinked.

"Okay, in that case..." Rin said as he and Sumika got up, "I stop." Kirari looked wide-eyed at her opponent. "We are under no obligation to participate in this, at least not now. Let's go, Sumi-" "Terribly boring in here, though I expected it after I left." Rin turned in surprise and the many students cleared their way to the source of the noise. Kirari pressed her lips together and Sayaka's mouth dropped. These two never thought they would ever see her again, not after what had happened. But there she was, in the same uniform as any other student, her best friend beside her and a grin on her face. "You've gotta be kidding me," Sayaka said as she left her permanent position.

The crowd of students began to whisper things among themselves. (Y/N) rubbed through her (H/C) hair. Lily stood behind her. "Missed me?" she asked sweetly. Rin walked softly over to her, a sincere look on his face. "You must be the chaos-maker from not so long ago, (Y/N) Cullen." (Y/N) smiled and tilted her head slightly. "(Y/N) (L/N), to be exact." "Ah, yes. I should certainly not forget that you are also the Crown Princess of England. Do you want me to bow?" Rin asked in a respectful tone. "Oh, no, you don't have to, Rin Obami." Rin looked up, even Sumika seemed interested. (Y/N) laughed as she walked forward and put her hand on Rin's shoulders after looking at Kirari for a moment.

"You didn't think I'll come unprepared to one of the most socially dangerous schools in Japan, did you?" Rin looked into her eyes. It was intriguing (Y/N). Not everyone had the balls to look at her like that while standing so close to each other. He acted like Kirari. No wonder they were kind of like family. "What were the Obamis good at again, Lily?" (Y/N) asked, her eyebrows raised. Lily took a step closer, her hands behind her back. "His branch is widely known for being good swindlers," Lily said before turning her face to Sayaka. Lily looked at her with flaming eyes. You couldn't tell in her face that she was furious, but in her eyes you could see those little sparks you get when tapping hot iron with a metal hammer.

Sayaka could see it, Lily still hadn't forgotten. She hadn't forgotten anything. She took a step back and saw her boss, the President, standing up. "Ah yes, I remember.. Good swindlers!" (Y/N) said happily, clapping her hands together. She turned away and looked back over her shoulder with glowing green eyes. "I wonder if it's going to stay that way after this election..." With those words, she walked a few steps closer to Lily, but it wasn't long before Kirari stopped her. "(Y/N)," she said softly, drawing (Y/N)'s attention to her. (Y/N) turned in surprise, a sneaky smile on her face. "It's Your Majesty to you, Miss President," she said with a wink. Kirari pressed her lips and puffed her chest a little, showing dominance.