Chapter 1

AN~

I am focusing on writing a plot heavy story so I will not be uploading any pictures or media content for it. If you read this story and inspiration strikes you to create media for it, please feel free to do so.
Find me on instagram here:  itsleilajann

~AN

There are days, and then there are days. Sanket was up, his alarm long silent. Still in bed, waiting for some internal or external force to push him out of bed. The last few weeks had been a blur. His phone's notifications seemed like beacons calling him to reality but he remained 'blissfully' ignorant in his haze of despair. Not that reality was any better; people seemed to have figured out that something was wrong. Truthfully, his status updates had not been the most vague hints towards what was happening.

Finally, after what felt like 5 hours he walked to his bathroom, only to discover that it was indeed evening. A look in the mirror did not make him feel any better and he walked out to the living room. Ashi and Tanzeel sat there, looking blissfully content in each others' embrace as they watched something on the TV. It felt like a stab in his chest.

Lost in thought he hit the table, startling Ashi, Tanzeel and himself. He came back to his senses to find two of his greatest friends in the world looking at him with identical expressions of pity and worry.

"Hey" started Ashi , 'How are you doing?"
"Fine."

Tanzeel looked as if he wanted to argue, but stopped at the last minute after a look from Ashi.
"You look tired Sanku. We were just about to start dinner. Come join", Ashi's tone left no room for argument. She had that quality about her; of being effortlessly poised yet authoritative.

Sanket sat down beside Tanzeel, but Ashi got up to sit on his other side and suddenly Sanket was overwhelmed by their kindness. Tanzeel began light conversations about his upcoming work while Ashi quietly put more food on his plate when she thought he was not looking. Sanket listened quietly, nodded along and dutifully ate his dinner.

He felt the first of the tears come and the next thing he knew, Ashi and Tanzeel were hugging him as he cried. He cried and cried for what fell like hours before falling into exhausted sleep. Tanzeel and Ashi carried him to his bed, both climbing on either side of him in silent agreement. They held Sanket as he slept, tears still wet on his face.

AN~
I hope you enjoyed it. Please don't hesitate to give any feedback, I will be really grateful. I am also noting some formatting issues after publishing, please point those out as well.

This will be a slightly slower paced story with a lot of angst, so bear with me.

The description of this story has a disclaimer, but I will put one here as well. This will hold for the remainder of the story.
Disclaimer:
This is a work of fiction. The characters names are borrowed from people on the internet. This is in no way an attempt to spread hate or defame any person that shares name with these characters. I make no claims of knowing any of these people personally or professionally. I am making no money or profits from writing this story.

Any comment and upvotes will be appreciated.

Thank you!
~Leila Jo Ann