thirty two.

egypt aaliyah ali

"so when's the wedding?" alaina said walking into the house

"we bout to be engaged for another three years calm down," luca answered.

"if anybody needa calm down it's y'all. you haven't been together for even a year and you're already proposing,"

"she gotta know she mine for life and vice versa. we still getting married regardless just not rn,"

"you could've did that with a promise ring," she rolled her eyes.

"and i chose not to nigga tf,"

"shit i'm happy, he's happy, every body happy except alaina," i said, "we didn't meet your standards? my bad shawt,"

"you guys are still kids tb some engaged. this marriage or whatever finna be a flop," she scoffed.

"i know i'm bout to be with egypt for life so wtf is the issue?" luca asked.

"nothing, do y'all thing. just don't come crying when shit don't work,"

"last person ima come crying to is you," he said, "matter fact, why is you even in my house?"

"i'll leave if y'all don't want me here,"

"please," i said with a small laugh. she looked over at luca who didn't say anything then stormed out.

"i know she's your family and all but i really don't like her," i said sitting beside him.

"i don't even like her myself mom just wants us to be closer and i'm trying but i'm just finna give up,"

"you know i'd encourage you to keep going but this one you gotta cut off. she's bad vibes,"

"no pressure about it. she hasn't been in my life for too long so it's whatever atp,"

"deante was right. you have changed,"

"in a good way?"

"hell yeah. you wouldn't even consider trying with her at all. just talk to your mom about it first," i bit into my ice cream.

"lemme get some," he said. i took a scoop and fed it to him. "ima talk to her fosho tho cos sum ain't right,"

"mmm.." i nodded "i'm thinking bout opening a store,"

"for real?"

"well idk i still got my online shit going on but everybody asking me to open a store. i just don't others tb i copied mei or some shit,"

"naa if you wanna open one go ahead fuck what everybody else think. and stop thinking about that girl,"

"i know i know but she was like a sister to me," i sighed, "i can't help but miss her sometimes then i be getting mad at myself for missing someone who did me wrong,"

"it's life mama. whatchu always tellin me? stop dwelling on the past? need to start practicing what you preach lil girl,"

"lil girl? you talkin to big E not the lil one. know yourself,"

"talkin bout some know yourself girl shut up," he mushed my head.

"come burn some pictures of her with me so i can get over her," i said.

"that's how you deal with past trauma?" he asked making me sigh.

"a lot of shit happened when i was younger but ion like getting into it. but when people did me wrong i'd just burn they shit,"

"if youn wanna talk about now we don't got to,"

"i know. when i'm ready i will,"

"aight cmon." he said getting up and pulling me up off the couch.

*

chrissy jones

"your bump getting bigger," mei said with a grin otp

"your bump getting bigger," mei said with a grin otp. i was in my new apartment folding up the baby clothes.

"yeah and she be dtm in there like shit,"

"oh you know the gender?"

"yeah no point in doin a gender reveal when nobody bout to be there," i shrugged.

"mmm... how you feeling?"

"honestly? ion even know like i got hella mixed emotions about this pregnancy and everything that's been going on. the father of my child is dead which i'm lowkey happy about but that means my child's gonna grow up without a father figure meaning i gotta step up,"

"would you rather her grow up without a father or a mother? cos that's what it was about to be,"

"i know but shit, ts bittersweet. and then i got no on fr besides you. like you helping me stay sane because trust and believe i would've accidentally on purpose fallen off a bridge,"

"don't say shit like that," she shook her head, "ima be here for you but be strong for your child youn want her grow up with no one,"

"i'm trying girl. i'm doing stuff that keep me happy and busy but i just have them odd days where i realise i'm lonely asl. and i have no one else to blame but myself. i been a bad person to everyone in my life and this is karma coming to bite me in the ass,"

"well it's a good thing you realised that. you've passed the stage of denial so now you gotta work on being a better you," she nodded.

"yeah... you know luca and egypt got engaged?"

"i know i saw. i'm so happy for them honestly,"

"yeah but so soon? ian even know luca was the marriage type,"

"knowing them they not bout to be married right away but one thing i can tell you is luca loves that girl so i'm not even surprised... if you still sprung over that boy you need therapy,"

"ion even know why i be feeling like that. i guess i just wish i was in egypt's spot considering i used to fw him and didn't make the cut,"

"it get's like that. i be missing tavares some times but when i look back i realise he wasn't the one for me. just do you, don't be out here craving shit that's not for you. what's yours will find you,"

"mei be talking like she some guru sometimes shit be getting on my nerves," i said to my stomach.

"girl fuck you," she laughed, "but i gotta go ima call you when i get home,"

"aight," i said picking up my phone and ending the call.

i sighed as i looked down at my stomach and rubbed it.

"what we gon call you girl? girl? ts ain't birdbox," i laughed, "i've always liked the name neveah... you like neveah?" i said as i felt her move around.

"shit neveah it is."

-
chrissy dumb asf talking to an underdeveloped child 🙄