"Hello Miss L/N, is L/N-san home please?"

"Oh, you must be my daughter's friend! Do come in."

Before you realized it, a blonde in a light pink hoodie was standing in the kitchen's doorway.

"Mikey?!"

"Yo!"

He waved at you with a sweet smile. You got up, speed-walking out of the kitchen you grabbed Mikey by his sleeve and dragged him upstairs. Once in your room, you shut the door behind you with a bit too much force. It was enough to make Mikey jump a little, in fact. He walked closer to you as you faced away from him, he grabbed your hand.

"Y/N? Are you okay?"

"The fuck do you even mean?!"

With all your strength you pulled your arm back to you, your freeing your hand from his grip. Mikey's eyes widened at the sight, he's never seen you this angry. He could've sworn it wasn't even you, you were like a completely different person. The only thing he could do now is watch and wait for you to calm down. Hopefully.

"My mother just sold out the last piece of dad we have left over phone! With a fucking smile! That thing used to be everything to dad, he lead a gang on that! If he didn't crash on that bike and end up in the hospital he wouldn't have even met her! And this is what she does?! She just tosses it to the first person she can like some trash?! I fucking hate it!"

Mikey stood frozen, his mouth slightly open. You made him wonder whether it's possible for a house to fall because of someone's voice.

"Then she has the audacity to tell me to wash the motorcycle so some random ass stranger can just- take my dad away?!"

That's it. The breaking point. Warm tears started streaming down your face as you looked at Mikey in disbelief. How could you yell at him like that? He looks like he saw someone, something inhuman. He's sure to hate you now.

"Mikey-kun..."

You sobbed. With speed you couldn't even catch, Mikey stepped towards you, pulling you into a tight hug. You had a bit hard time breathing, unsure whether it might be from the yelling, crying, or Mikey holding you. Hesitantly you hugged back, your shaky hands grabbing onto the back of his hoodie.

"I'm- I'm sorry Mikey... I'm so sorry..."

Mikey put one of his hands on top of your head, giving your hair little pats; your face burried, crying into his shoulder.

A few minutes passed, your breathing calmed down. Mikey grabbed your shoulders and pulled you away from him so you'd have to face him. He looked into your eyes, his face filled with seriousness.

"It's gonna be okay. Do you hear?"

You wanted to protest, but he could tell therefore he didn't let you speak.

"Look. Am I smiling?"

He was right. There was no silly or childish tone to his voice nor his expression.

"Do you trust me?"

He shook you lightly. Blinking the tears stuck in your eyelashes away, you nodded.

"As long as I'm here, everything is gonna be okay."

Mikey truly has the spirit, charisma of a leader. You gave him a faint smile, your eyes narrowed.

"There, there!"

Mikey said, now a bit more cheerfully. Beneath the strong calm surface, he was relieved.

Knocking at the door interrupted your sweet little moment. Both of your heads lifted slightly as your mother entered the room, a saddened expression painted on her face. Still, she gave you and your friend a sweet little smile.

"Um, may I borrow you for a moment?"

You and Mikey looked at each other for a moment, as if you were talking using only your minds. You let him take a seat on your bed, leaving him in your room as you followed your mother into the hallway.

When you closed the door, you looked back to see your mom teary eyed with her arms reached out for you. Slowly and hesitantly you accepted. She stroked your hair.

"I'm sorry, ███..."

You were surprised and confused at her gentle tone.

"I should've known better. I should have known this would be... a lot. It is a lot for me too. But, I feel like it's something we have to do. To leave the past behind us, you know? I understand you disagree. There will be times as you grow up you'll have to make decisions that aren't easy, but are necessary. Please don't think badly of me for going through with this my dove, okay? You don't have to help with the preparation. Someone came to visit you, after all."

She looked into your eyes awaiting a reaction. You felt bittersweet about everything. But you realized the pressures your mom had to face all alone these past few years, it would hurt you to cause her any more trouble than you have already. You took a deep breath, looking away.

"Okay..."

You nodded. After receiving a kiss on top of your head and one more smile, you were left alone with your mom going to the garage to prepare for the new owner. Upon opening the door to your room you caught a glimpse of Mikey sitting down again in a hurry.

"You've been listening behind the door weren't you?"

You asked out of pure curiosity. Mikey fiddled with the strings of his hoodie.

"I was getting bored. But your place is nice!"

His head shot up with a smile of pure innocence as if he wasn't just trying to change the topic. You shrugged it off lightly and made your way towards the bed.

"Thanks?"

You plopped on the bed, taking a seat next to your friend in silence you didn't even realize - your mind wandering many places. With you now calm again, human curiosity grew in him. Mikey wasn't exactly sure whether it's good time to ask such question, but he never really cared thanks to his pretty straightforward attitude.

"So... Wanna tell me about your dad?"

A/N: today's chapters might be a bit funky because of covid vaccine after affects messing with me big time. My apologies.