O n e

When I opened my college dorm door, I didn't expect to see Margo. I expected to see Ben, my best friend, drunk, or Radar, my other best friend, and Ben both drunk. Instead, I saw Margo.

She was dressed in all black once again. Her nails were painted black-red on her bony, slim fingers. She looked different from when I last saw her. Her hair was longer, and she gained a few pounds. She looked like the old Margo. Except, this time, she wasn't "Margo the Mystery". She was Margo the girl.

"Having cybersex again?" She said with a tight smile. I didn't laugh.

"What are you doing here, in Orlando?" I asked.

"Wow. No "hello"? No hug?" She asks with an eyebrow raised. I just stare at her.

"What are you doing here?" I didn't mean to sound rude. In fact, I was excited to see her again.

"Look, Q, did you actually expect me to just leave forever? Poof. Gone. Right? No. I always come back."

"But why are you back? I thought you were happy. You know, traveling the world." I move away from the door to let her in. She casually sits on my bed.

"Yeah, I was. I mean, I was happy traveling and all that, but I got bored." She shrugs.

"And you come to me? To my college dorm room." I raise an eyebrow.

"My parents aren't going to want to see me. And, I thought we could have another adventure." She says with a smile. I rub my neck and flop down into my desk chair.

"Margo, I don't know. I mean, my parents, and my friends." I try to explain.

"You're an adult, Q. And your friends are too." She says pointedly.

"Margo, I really would love to. Seriously, I would. But, after what happened last time.."

"I know, I know. I broke your little heart." She says dramatically. I sigh.

"Margo-"

"No, really. It's okay. Let's just catch up on a few things, yes?" She asks, crossing her legs and folding her hands.

She tells me extravagant stories; ones I believe aren't true. She says how she broke into Knotts Berry Farms, copied a mime, and met the Queen of England. My stomach hurts from laughing.

She's laying on my bed now, looking at the ceiling. Her hair is sprawled everywhere. She really is something.

I look at the time. It's way past midnight. I sit up a little from my chair to look at Margo on the bed. Small but heavy breaths are coming from her. She's sleeping.

I don't wake her up because she more than likely drove herself here without any stopping. The only thing to keep her awake being Mountain Dew.

I grab a pillow from my bed and a small blanket. I end up falling asleep on the chair, the only thought in my brain being the truth of how much I really missed those blue eyes.