I decided I'd start to make dinner, turning on the stove. I brought over a pot filled with freshly grown vegetables and raw chicken. Since we lived on a farm, we could grow most of our food, but that still didn't mean we lived in luxury. I mean I was a Four after all, which meant my caste was smack-down in the middle of the caste system.

I didn't mind being a Four, truthfully. Farming isn't the most enjoyable thing in the world, but it's better than cleaning the homes of Two's or having to do clerical work. That's the jobs of the Sixes. They had it pretty bad.

I turned on the timer on our stove and went to sit down at our kitchen table. The chicken and vegetables would be ready in about a half an hour, and our guests would arrive at eight o'clock sharp to watch the Illéa Capital Report.

The family that was coming over were a family of Fives. We helped balance each other. We would host a dinner for us and them every Friday night, and in exchange, they taught my younger brother and I how to sing and play instruments. Maybe it wasn't a fair trade, but if I married up or down the caste system for whatever reason, I would be prepared for a job in music. Regardless, I couldn't wait to see them again, especially one particular person. A week felt like infinity when you were in love.

As soon as the timer went off, my younger brother, Niko, took the pot off of the stove. He was growing up so much, I couldn't believe my eyes. Niko was 15 and I was at the height of his eyes. They were stormy grey, like my mother's, but he had my father's jet black hair. He had also grown incredibly strong, and, somehow, got a gorgeous Two to date him. I was proud of him, but I also felt ashamed; more of myself.

Niko worked twice as hard as I did, but he didn't get credit for it. I feel like that may be the reason why we aren't as close as we used to be when we were kids.

At exactly eight o'clock, there was a short knock on our wooden door. My father's deep blue eyes bounced to life.

"Come in!" he yelled happily and when the door opened, a smile bloomed on his face. Standing in our doorway was Susie Wolk, who was the mother of the two bright-eyed teens standing next to her.

"Hello Mrs. Wolk, hello Susanna." I smiled and waved like an idiot, but I didn't care. Especially when they moved inside revealing and tall, muscular 18-year-old that I'd come to love.

"Don't I get a hello too, Sol?" His voice was so rich and beautiful that it sent shivers up my arms.

"Hello Fabian," I said, and turned away to conceal my blush.

Before anyone looked our way, he pulled my wrist up to my room. When we got there, he swiftly locked the door and sat down facing me.

His chocolate brown hair looked so soft, and his amber eyes twinkled with delight. Before he spoke, he looked at me the way he had for the past four years; like he's putting me in his memory over and over again.

"So," he started as he moved next to me. I met his eyes and was about to speak, but Fabian's actions were quicker. He instantly had his strong hand behind my neck and pulled me into a kiss. His lips tasted like honey, and I would always dream of the taste. The kiss was hungry, but Fabian pulled away after a minute. I felt deprived.

"I've missed you," He said looking sincerely into my eyes.

I blushed and whispered back to him sheepishly. "Me too."

He started kissing behind my ear and I giggled. Fabian knew I was very ticklish, and it was a habit I hoped I would be rid of eventually.

Seeing as laughter escaped my lips, Fabian stopped kissing me and started to tickle my sides. I began to laugh harder and tried to shove his hands away. He just offered an innocent, toothy grin and laughed along while avoiding my swatting hands.

"Fabian... Stop.... I Mmmean it!" I couldn't contain my laughter and my breathing hitched between my words.

"Sol, Fabian, please come down here. The Report is on!" My mother hollered across the house.

I groaned and rolled my eyes as Fabian's hands stopped gliding across me. He offered me a hand, and I accepted it as he pulled me up.

"Let's go, before my mom gets all worked up," I giggled and winked at Fabian before dashing out of my room. 

He was the main reason I wanted to stay in Kent. Fabian, the love of my life, meant so much to me. I loved him, and he loved me. The words never needed to be said, they were unspoken. It was just us, and no number could contain my love and joy for the brown haired boy.

I heard his steps behind me and I started sprinting throughout my house. Just as I was coming down the stairs I heard his mother talking to my mom.

"Well whoever she is, she makes Fabian so happy. I think he is going to propose to her soon. He's been saving up money." Mrs. Wolk sounded so happy and the talk of Fabian getting married made me stop running. He was saving up his money for a life with me? I felt his warm chest on my back and his hot breath on my neck.

"Whats the problem Sol?" he asked me with a questioning look in his eyes.

"Nothing," I sang to him.

With that, we both ran down the stairs and sat in front of my television set to watch The Report. And I was right, nothing was wrong with my life. It was perfect... at least until Rebels knocked down our front door.

Hey guys! So, I just wanted to put out there that I am totally open to comments and corrections. Your words will be heard and taken into complete consideration. Thank you