Behind the Scenes

Start from the beginning

"Don't screw this up Erin," her mom glared at her.

Erin swallowed and nodded. Ella felt her face burn with anger. She could handle Mrs Greene yelling at her, but not when she talked to her own daughter like that.

Just as the music began, someone from the sound booth called Mrs Greene, and she got up angrily.

"Just take your break. But the second you all get back we are doing this entire show twice!" She yelled, stomping away.

"Wow that's very generous of her," Ella commented quietly.

Riley snickered. "Quite."

"Ugh my head is pounding. Wonder if Principal Stringer has any aspirin?" Erin asked.

Ella shrugged. "Let's go ask. I've got a head ache to."

They walked down the hall way, Ella observing all the posters.

"I voted for Sabrina. Bev just freaks me out for no reason," Erin told them as they walked past all the 'Student President" signs. The only two people running were Sabrina Hotwells and Beverly Keane.

"Tomorrow we find out who won. I don't care either way, it's kind of dumb," Riley grunted.

Ella shrugged. "Yeah me neither."

They knocked on the Principals door, but there was no answer.

"Ugh. Should we just go back?" Erin sighed, pinching herself in between her eyes.

"You sure? We can try again?" Ella asked.

"No no. I'll be fine. Let's just head back before my mom-"

"ERIN GREENE I SWEAR TO GOD!" A loud voice boomed through the halls.

"Great!" Erin sighed, a hint of fear in her voice.

They hastily walked back to the Auditorium, to find a murmuring crowd of people.

"What's up?" Riley asked.

"ERIN DID YOU TAKE MRS LANCES VOTING BOX?" Mrs Greene roared.

"What? What are you talking about?" Erin asked, seemingly unfazed from her mother screaming in her face.

"What's going on?" Riley whispered to a kid standing beside him.

Ella leaned in to hear what he was saying.

"Someone stole the ballot box from Mrs Lances room," He whispered back.

"Wait they're counting the ballots here? For student president?" Ella asked.

He nodded, "apparently so. There's three boxes, one in Lances room, one in Orgons, and one in Greenes."

"Mom I have no idea what you're talking about!" Erin replied.

Her mother was livid. "I don't have time to deal with this BULLSHIT ERIN. Just say you did it!"

"But I didn't!" Erin protested.

"Mrs Greene she's telling the truth! We were with her the entire break!" Ella defended.

"Calm down Peggy," Principal Stringer stepped in.

He was a stout man, with a large balding head that always reminded Ella of a bowling ball. He was a very calm man, and a very quiet in the background kind of person. From what Ella knew of him, he was a silent observer, never really engaging except to tell Mrs Greene to calm down.

Even when he spoke, he spoke quietly and monotone, in a very chill manor, yet still commanded respect and silence from everyone around him.

The auditorium went silent, waiting for its commander to speak.