Chapter 7 - Party

Three days later, the news was still obsessed with Loki and Astrid. They didn't get a chance to get out a real answer at the conference, so everyone assumed they were in a secret relationship.

Both of them acted disgusted by the news, but if they really searched their heart, they'd know that neither of them were really sure what to think.

Tony had decided to host a party, for some insane reason. He said if the press could see Astrid and Loki not acting like they were together, the world might believe it. Might be a little hard though, since the two tended to flirt with each other.

Loki left to go shopping with Thor and Tony and Astrid left to go shopping with Natasha, Pepper, and Clint—who got dragged around to carry bags. The two protested that they could each just summon clothes but were told that summoning clothes ruined the fun of shopping.

Astrid didn't know what Loki was up to, but she was being pulled into what felt like 100 stores to find the perfect outfit for her.

She found a plain purple dress with long sleeves and a silver hemline, silver high heeled shoes, and a silver hair-tie Clint was planning on using when he did her hair.

Natasha found a red and black skin tight dress, while Pepper went with a blue one. They each found shoes and other accessories, handing them all to Clint despite her protests that she could send everything to the car.

It took about two hours for them all to get their outfits, and then they went back to get ready. They each put on their dresses, and a robe over it, and let Clint do their makeup and hair.

Pepper's hair was simple and wavy, and Clint gave Natasha a bun with a few strands hanging out. He gave Astrid a French braid, weaving her fake silver hair strand, with a butterfly attached, into it.

Clint gave the three makeup that matched their dresses, so Astrid's was a purple theme, while Peppers was blue themed, and Natasha's was black and red.

They thanked him when he finished, gawking over it. Clint smiled at the praise, and left to quickly put on his suit.

A few minutes later, they met everyone else at the hallway to the party. Clint was dressed, and Tony, Thor, Peter, Bruce, and Loki were all there.

Astrid tried not to stare at Loki's suit, but he made it so hard. It was a full on Gucci black suit. Neither of them noticed the other checking them out but most of the adults around them did and there were a few snorts.

Astrid cleared her throat and gave a small smile to Peter who gave her a huge grin back. "Mr. Stark said I could come to the party since I haven't been around often!"

"Are you even allowed to drink?" Astrid teased.

"Well...no," Peter admitted. "But I can have non-alcoholic soda!"

"We should go down now," Bruce interrupted.

Astrid walked down with Peter, making it clear that she was acting like a mother figure, not a lover. Tony came with Pepper and Natasha came with Clint since they were best friends, while Loki walked with his brother and Bruce came alone.

The crowd cheered as they walked in, and Natasha rushed to the bar, telling the bartender to leave as she gave people drinks, and Astrid followed her, sitting down on the other side.

"I need a really strong shot," Astrid said, and Natasha chuckled as she poured her one. She downed it in one gulp, and set it back down. "Just keep them coming." Natasha raised an eyebrow but did as she said, and soon Astrid was very very drunk.

Natasha came to check on her an hour into the party, finding her dancing all over the place, and sighed as she dragged her to a couch and sat her down. "I thought you're a god, how can you get drunk?"

"Half-Asgardian, half human," Astrid corrected. "Being a god just gives me powers."

She held up her hand to show Natasha, but Natasha quickly put her hand down. "I have a feeling drunk and magic do not mix well."

"That would be correct." Loki appeared in that moment, and Astrid burst into giggles as she saw him. "What is so funny Lady Akuma?"

"Ugh noooo," she whined, putting her head in her hands. "I hate that name, don't call me that."

"But that's your name," Natasha protested.

Astrid groaned. "No, he gave it to me. I don't like it, stop saying it!"

"Then what is your name?" Loki asked. "And who's 'He'?"

"Astrid." She held her hand out to Loki as if introducing herself for the first time for him to shake it, then erupt into a fit of giggles as if it was the funniest thing in the world. "You're prettyyyyyy~"

"Who is 'he', Astrid?" Natasha asked, and the thought of him caused her to sober a little.

"I shouldn't be talking about this," Astrid stood up, groaning as she held her pounding head. Loki was about to offer to bring her back to her room, when she smiled drunkly again, announcing that she needed another shot, racing off to a different bar.

"Who could 'He' be?" Natasha wondered out loud.

"I haven't the faintest clue." Loki admitted.

Natasha sighed as she noticed Astrid dancing again with a shot in each hand, standing up to go get her.