07 | power, gleam and glow

Start from the beginning

"I'm glad you got your son back sir, that's all I wanted" Rosanna said with a small smile. "What happened?" Cedric asked confusedly. "This woman saved your life" Mr Diggory said making Cedric look at him strangely. "What do you mean saved me?" Cedric asked. "We can explain to him later Amos" Dumbledore said as he placed a hand on the man's shoulder.

Rosanna stood up and looked around, searching for Harry but he was nowhere to be seen. "Harry!" Rosanna shouted worriedly but he didn't answer. "Professor Robinson, I saw Mad Eye take him away" Came the voice of Viktor Krum from behind her. "What way did they go?" Rosanna asked him. "Towards the castle" he said. "Thank you honey" Rosanna said as she squeezed his arm before running over to where Snape was standing. She forgot all about her hatred towards the man at this moment, the desperation to find Harry was too overwhelming for such things.

"Severus, you have to help me" Rosanna begged making the man turn to her. "What's the problem?" He asked in his usual monotone voice. "Viktor Krum said Mad eye took Harry and I don't know where he is" Rosanna said worriedly, catching the attention of Dumbledore. "What way did they go?" He asked. "Towards the castle according to Krum" Rosanna said.

"Follow me" He ordered. Dumbledore, Snape, Rosanna and McGonagall all raced their way up to the castle.

...

"I.. I don't think I said anything about a graveyard Professor" Harry said. Moody walked out of the shadows to face Harry once again. "Marvellous creatures dragons, aren't they?" He asked. "Do you think that miserable oaf would've led you into the woods if I hadn't suggested it?" Mad Eye asked looking at Harry angrily.

"Do you think Cedric Diggory would have told you to open the egg under the water if I hadn't of told him in the first place?" He asked angrily as he smashed a glass. "Do you think Neville Longbottom, the witless wonder, could've provided you with Gilly weed if I hadn't of given him the book that led him right to it?" He asked again, tapping the side of his head.

"And don't get me started on your godmother, hanging around me like a fly constantly. It's a wonder I managed to get anything done with that annoying woman by my side almost all the time. Not bad to look at mind you" Mad Eye said making Harry ball his hands into a fist. His anger built with every nasty word he said about his godmother.

"It was you from the beginning, you put my name in the goblet of fire. You bewitched Krum" Harry said. Mad Eye made baby noises, mocking Harry's sad tone. "You one because I made it so Potter, you ended up in that graveyard tonight because it was meant to be so and now the deed is done" Mad Eye said as he grabbed Harry's arm and pressed his fingers into the slash Peter Pettigrew had given him in the graveyard and sniffed it.

"The blood running through these veins, runs through the dark lord" he said as he walked off sniffing it before whipping his head back around to Harry. "Imagine how he will reward me when he learns that I have once and for all, silenced the great Harry Potter" And just as Mad Eye lifted his wand the door flew open and he flew back into a chair.

Rosanna rushed over to Harry and pulled him into her arms, thankful he was safe in her arms again. Snape poured some truth serum into Mad Eye's mouth as Dumbledore dug his wand into his neck. "Do you know who I am?" He asked. "Albus Dumbledore" Mad Eye replied. "Are you Alastor Moody?" Dumbledore asked. "Are you?" He asked again. "No" The man said. "Is he in this room?" Dumbledore asked. "Is he in this room?!" He asked again.

The man's eyes turned over to where Rosanna was holding Harry. Rosanna pushed Harry over to McGonagall and turned to the chest behind her. She brought out her wand and opened it up using magic. Once the box was fully open she cautiously walked forward and looked down to see the real Mad Eye Moody laying down the bottom.

"Are you alright Alastor?" She asked worriedly. "Rosanna? Is that you?" He asked in shock. Dumbledore hadn't told him she was still alive as she wanted to keep it a surprise. "Yeah it's me, I'll explain later" Rosanna shouted down to him. "I'm sorry Albus" Moody said as the group joined her at the chest. "If that's moody then who's..." Harry wondered as they all turned to look at the man who was now writhing in his chair.

Snape opened up a bottle and sniffed it. "Polyjuice potion" he told Dumbledore. "Now we know who's been stealing from your stores Severus" Dumbledore said. "We'll get you up in a minute Moody" Rosanna shouted down to Moody who was still in the chest.

Rosanna held Harry close to her as the group watched in disgust as the man on the chair began to change. It looked as though his face was melting. Soon enough the transformation was complete and in the seat sat Barty Crouch Jr. He made a move for Harry but Rosanna pushed him away with all her might making the man smirk at her and lick his lips. "Barty Crouch Jr" Dumbledore said as he pointed his wand at the man.

"I'll show you mine if you show me yours" he said as he pulled up his sleeve to reveal the dark mark. Dumbledore grabbed Harry's arm and showed Barty the slash in the boy's arm. "You know what this means don't you? He's back. Lord Voldemort has returned" He smirked wildly. "I'm sorry sir, I couldn't help it" Harry said.

Rosanna's heart broke at the fact that Harry apologised for something that wasn't his fault what so ever.

"Send an owl to Azkaban, I think they'll find they're missing a prisoner" Dumbledore ordered McGonagall. "I'll be welcomed back like a hero" Barty said with a smirk. "Perhaps, personally I've never had much time for heroes" Dumbledore said as he followed Rosanna and Harry out of the room.

In any other situation Rosanna might have scoffed or snickered at that comment. But it was a sentence she would never forget. Her friends were heroes, they died saving people. If that didn't make someone a hero she didn't know what did.