Chapter 1

"Mercy, my darling just promise me that you will take care of your little sister and you will not give up on the good roots of a happy family"

"Drrrrin!!! Drrrrin!!"  that's the sound of an alarm ringing violently to bang all the sides of the wall in the room. Thanks cause it helped me to escape my dreams, but this seems to be the sweetest of them all.

It's Monday, the first day of the week. They always say your Monday morning thoughts set the tone for your whole week. See yourself getting stronger and living a healthier, happier, and more fulfilling life but all I think about Monday morning is that it dispossesses me of the weekend fun and forces me to go back to that environment that is the root of all depression. SCHOOL

; It is never easy for me to wake up every morning and prepare for school cause schooling and I, are not devotees. I am just lucky because I got blessed with an intelligent cerebration that helps me to ace my modules excluding this one module called Calculus.

I woke up fast so that time could not beat me. I made my bed and then en route to the bathroom.

I took a warm relaxing bath and brushed my teeth. My morning routines are so boring because I never do something new.

I fought hard with my mind about today's attire but I decided to wear a pair of black trousers, a butterfly-printed tee with white sneakers. I did a nice ponytail to my afro hair. I don't have any plans for today after school so that means I will just go and help in the bookshop like always but only if my body allows me to do so. Going to help in the bookshop is something I do voluntarily and it helps me learn the ability and confidence to deal with a range of people, organizational skills, time management skills, good teamwork ability, and the ability to work under pressure. Nice!! Isn't it?

I paraded downstairs and met my lovely little sister making breakfast.

"Morning Princess."
My little sister hates it when I call her Princess ascribable to that she thinks she is now old enough for nicknames she deserves to be purely called by her real name. I always decide to keep quiet about this and pretend as if I don't hear her so that I can avoid picking up a bone at her name.

"You know very well that I'm not going to respond to that. I made some pancakes and coffee for breakfast. Fastly grab a bite so that we can get going", she responded with pride.

Well to be honest when she said that breakfast I thought it would be something tastier like Nutella toast with strawberries but all I got was steaming coffee with a breathtaking mint smell and blueberry pancakes. I guess that's my princess exaggerating small things into big ones but she never went so far.

"Ok, so should I call Ray to come and take us or will we call the private transport?"
Well, I am asking this because my little sister is very moody in a shocking manner. Lately, we agreed that we would call Ray when we go to school so that he can take the road along with us but last Friday the little girl said that she wanted to get into a car so that she would not left out during conversations we should call private transport.

"I will go for Ray but please count me in your conversations cause I get a bit bored when you talk about your classmates that I don't know ."

My little sister decided to pour out some burning beans on her chest because she surely showed that she wanted to get some chest relief.

Fortunate and I use the same transport because we attend the same school but in different buildings attributable to that she is in lower grades. My mother did this to reduce insecurities about transportation and safety. She thought that it would be easier when I was around Fortunate but to be honest she never around me in school.