Chapter 6. The True Problems-Part 2

Start from the beginning

Cody thought about that day, and now had a conclusion: "If Jessica was at Doc's lab, it means Doc knows something I don't !" It was nearly lunchtime, so he needed to hurry. Cody escaped through the window, no one saw him, he was free but he only had a bit of time. Certainly, Doctor Green know everything, but he didn't say anything to Cody:

-I'm really sorry Cody, but I can't tell you anything.

Disappointed, Cody went back home.

-Meanwhile Graham-

Graham went to the supermarket to buy some food. He saw a peculiar person, dressed with black trousers and a black with white hoodie with the hood blocking the face from showing. The person took just a few things and went to pay for them. Graham also went to the cashier.
When that mystic person was paying, someone took the hood off from the person's head and revealed his identity. Or rather her identity, because that mystic person was.................................... Jessica!

When the cashier saw her, she refused to pass through the scanner the things Jessica wanted to buy. Jessica rapidly ran away from the shop. Graham, instead, was just in shock about the reaction of the cashier.
-Excuse me, can I buy those things?- asked Graham to the cashier.

-Okay, as the client wants.

After paying for everything, Graham went to the Entertainment Studio Company of Mystery Club. There were a couple of protestants at the entrance of the building, but when there wasn't any reaction by the part of Mystery Club, they left. Graham rang to the door few times, but nobody came out. Graham thought of leaving, but a person opened the door, she was Carla.

-Hi Carla, can I see Jessie?

-Hi Graham, you can, but I don't think that she wants. But if you try, I would be thankful, after all, you are her............You know what I mean, right?

Graham nodded.

-Come with me.

-She's been like this since yesterday, I'm worried that she can do something stupid. She hasn't eat a thing since then....

-She is just frustrated.

-Make her come to her senses, please.

-I promise you that she will be alright.

Carla went away, Graham knocked to the door. Jessica ............. :

-What are you doing here, Graham?

-Just wanted to give you something and talk with you.

Graham showed her the bag from the shop with the things Jessica wanted to buy.

-What is that?

-The things you wanted to buy. I saw you at the supermarket, and I saw that the cashier didn't want to scan this things. So I bought them instead of you.

-Wh..at! You did that for me!

-Yes I did and please, I want to see the real Jessica that I knew when we were little.

-Ok, how much does it cost?

- Excuse me what?!

-How much does the stuff cost you bought for me? I will pay you the money.

-You didn't understand, I don't need your money...... We are family Jessie, I just want you back. The happy, kind and lovely Jessica that I know, it seems she vanished away....You are different from what I saw at our meetings.....

-That is not true, you do not understand me. I'm just very frustrated about this whole situation....

-I know. But do you know that you can overcome it?

-Yeah, but it still hurts....too much.

Tears could be seen in Jessica's eyes. Graham ran to hug her, she began to cry, but returned the hug.

-I want to see you happy again, I don't know why all of it happened or either why you created Mystery Club, but I want my dear back. Promise me that you will be okay, promise me that I will see your radiant smile again.

-I promise you.

Graham broke the hug, he waved goodbye with a smile and vanished as if he hadn't even been there.

Jessica saw that the bag with all the things was in the table, she let a light smile to apear in her now reddish face.

-What can I do now? I only have one option...-said Jessica looking at the window and seeing Graham leaving.-Keep the promise!

Hey readers!!! How is this story going? Please comment and vote! It would be a great gift from you to me this New 2022!🎊