"Holy shit," JJ whispered. "Shit, Scar, I-I'm sorry."

"It's okay." I nodded, sending him a soft smile.

"My old man did this to me too," JJ said as he turned the left side of his face to me. I noticed the cut and bruise when I first saw the boys, but I didn't want to say anything.

"Why are our dad's like this?" I questioned as I shook my head, unable to believe the fact that both JJ and I got abused by people who were supposed to care for us and love us.

"I guess I kinda deserved this one." JJ told me and John B shook his head, a slight smile on his lips.

"Why?" I asked him, confused as to why anyone would deserve that.

"We have a lot to catch you up on since the last time we saw you, huh?" John B chuckled.

"I guess so," I nodded, a smile on my lips as I crossed my arms, ready to hear whatever the boys had to tell me.

They caught me up on the adventure they've been on the last few days, everything seeming so unbelievable. I couldn't believe they were a bunch of 16 year olds who didn't have a penny to their name, yet they found $400 million in gold. Part of me was bummed that I missed that, I would've loved to be on that adventure with them. 

They went on to tell me how they were heading to Midsummers, and that was where Pope and Kiara were. Pope, because his dad's business was catering the event, and Kiara, because her family was a member of the club. She was a kook after all.

JJ also told me that Rafe and his best friend Topper jumped Pope, which left me in disbelief. How could Rafe do such a thing then be so gentle with me?

As John B and JJ continued on with their stories from the past few days, John B beached the boat onto land, him and JJ jumping out and pulling the boat up more onto land so it wouldn't go anywhere.

"What exactly are we doing at Midsummers?" I asked them as I realized I didn't know what they were up to. I hopped off of the boat and stood there as I watched them go through a backpack.

"JJ is going to pretend to be a waiter," John B told me as he was helping JJ tie a tie around the collar of the white button up shirt he was wearing. "He is going to give this letter to Sarah," He continued as he held up a folded up letter and placed it in JJ's hand. "And me and you," He said as he looked over at me. "We're gonna meet Sarah over there and tell her what we need her to do so she can help us get the gold."

"Who's Sarah?" I asked as I looked between the two boys.

"She's the kook princess." JJ answered. "John B's mackin' her."

"I'm not macking Sarah Cameron." John B defended himself. Cameron, wasn't that Rafe's last name? "I'm telling you dude, I just need her to get the plat maps. That's it."

"He's definitely macking Sarah Cameron." JJ whispered to me and John B rolled his eyes in defeat. 

"Go," John B shooed JJ away. "Give Sarah the letter."

"Who's Vlad?" JJ questioned as he looked down at the note in his hand.

"Don't worry about it, just go dude!" John B softly yelled.

We stood there for a minute as we watched JJ walk up to the country club where Midsummers was being hosted. Knowing that Rafe was up there made my heart skip a beat. Watching him get ready for the event and seeing him in that baby blue suit made my insides twist. Just the thought of him was powerful enough to do that. I was so attracted to him.

"Scar," John B said, knocking me out of my thoughts. "C'mon, follow me."

I followed him throughout the field that divided the building and the marsh, ultimately landing us at a gazebo not far from the building.

"So," I started as we stood there waiting. I was watching all of the people around the building, each one with a drink in their hand. "You and this Sarah chick?"

"Jesus," John B sighed. "Nothing is going on between us."

"Okay, okay," I nodded, backing off from the topic. 

"Vlad?" We heard a soft feminine voice from behind us, both of us turning our heads to see a girl around our age standing there in a white dress.

"Val," John B gasped. "You look..." He paused as he took in her appearance. "You look beautiful." The girl smiled before she ran up to John B, engulfing him in a hug. "Uh, Sarah," John B said as they pulled away from the hug. "This is Scar. She's new to the island. She's been hanging around us lately."

"Nice to meet you," Sarah smiled at me and I smiled as I nodded, letting her know the feeling was mutual. She was absolutely gorgeous.

John B began to tell Sarah the plan and what he needed from her. He made sure that she would get the plat maps to Tannyhill, which were kept in her dad's office. Didn't Rafe live at Tannyhill?John B told her to meet him at the Hawk's Nest at midnight tonight so he could get them from her, Sarah agreeing to the plan.

Sarah and John B were standing only inches in front of each other before they both slowly leaned in, their lips colliding. I stood there awkwardly as I looked around, keeping an eye out for the possibility of spotting Rafe.

"Sarah?" We heard a masculine voice in the distance. "Sarah is that you?"

"Shit, get down." She said as she pushed John B down to the ground, to which he pulled me down with him. "I gotta go, I'll see you tonight." Sarah whispered as she walked away, John B and I crawling out to the field again.

"You're not macking Sarah Cameron, huh?" I smirked, knowing he was full of shit.

"Don't tell a soul."

*****

a/n:

sry rafe isn't rlly in this chapter and sry this chapter sucks lmao. this was just kinda a filler

pls vote & comment!!

<3