"Did you like the brownies?" He yelled.

"What are you, five?" I asked.

Sammy laughed and so did his friends.

I studied the other boys closely.

One of them was tan with dark, black-brown hair and an incredible jawline. He was a wearing a gray tank top which showed off all the muscular parts of his arms and shoulders. The next boy I laid eyes on had light brown hair and was wearing a short sleeved shirt. I noticed that he had a few tattoos on his arms. His teeth were slightly crooked and I saw he had a shiny silver filling in the back of my mouth. The last one had curly blond hair and a very large chin, which made him look kind of funny.

I rolled my eyes again and walked into the classroom.

"Hey, hey, hey, wait up!" Muscular Jawline Boy said.

I groaned.

"Don't tell me you're in this class too."

"Well, we are!" Sammy answered.

I sat down at a seat in the back, and to my discontent, the boys followed me.

Muscular Jawline Boy stared at me.

"I haven't seen you around, are you new?"

"Obviously." I snapped.

"Wow, you're a sassy one, aren't you?" He said and I didn't answer him.

"Well, I'm Jack Gilinsky." He started up again. Then he pointed to Tattoo Boy. "That's Nate Maloley." Then, Jack slapped Big Chin's shoulder. "And this here's Big Mike."

I stifled a laugh.

"I can see why you call him big."

"HEY!" Jack shouted, making me jump a little. "NOBODY messes with Big Mike."

"Uh Jack?" Sammy said. Jack turned to look at him.

"I think she just did."

"Shut up, Sam!" Jack said to him.

Sammy was quiet then.

I got out the stuff I needed for this class and tried to ignore the guys.

"So why did you move here, anyways? Omaha is a dump." Jack asked me.

I shrugged, trying to play it cool.

"My parents got divorced, so I moved with my mom." I answered.

I turned to them.

"So why are you guys talking to me? I'm some loser new girl who doesn't have any friends." I said.

Before Jack could answer, the final bell rang and class was starting.

The teacher walked in and I looked at her.

She had on a long nevy blue maxi skirt with a shirt that didn't match and bright purple eye shadow. with glasses.

"Hello, everyone. I'm your new English teacher, Mrs. MacAdams." Ugh. Even her voice is boring.

As she began to drone into the rules and regulations and what we'll be learning, someone scuttled into the class.

Mrs. MacAdams stopped talking and tuned to look at the boy who tried to sneak past her and sit down in a back desk by the window.

"Mr....Johnson is it?" She said to the kid.

I turned to look it him.

He had light blond hair and black rimmed glasses. He was wearing a T-shirt with a black sweatshirt over it. He was breathing heavily, like he's ran here.

"Johnson!!' Jack called across the room to him.

"You're goddamn late, dumbass!"

The blond kid turned and quickly looked away.

"Excuse me, Mr. Gilinsky, watch your language." Mrs. MacAdams scolded.

Jack laughed.

"Why were you late, Mr. Johnson?" My teacher asked.

"I-I-I'm sorry, i couldn't find the classroom. I'm sorry, it won't happen again." He answered.

"What are we in Johnson, 8th grade. God, he's such a dumbass." Jack mumbled under his breath.

I glared at him, but he didn't see me.

The teacher said nothing more to that Johnson dude and continued with her lecture again.

*

Half the day passed and then it was 5th period, otherwise known as my lunch period.

I switched my binders out and then headed down to the main cafeteria.

I walked in and looked around. Everyone was already sitting with their friends, and almost every table was filled. I cotinued to circle around, and saw a couple tables in the back weren't taken. I sat at a small round one in the corner and took out my lunch, packed by me.

I started to eat and noticed that that Johnson kid was in this period. He was sitting at a small table...alone, like me. His nose was buried in a HUGE book, his lunch tray in front of him.

I looked at him for a moment, then back down at my lunch.

A couple moments later, I heard someone come up behind me.

"What are you eating?" The familiar raspy voice whispered into my ear. I jumped and turned around. Jack Gilinsky was standing behind me with his group.

"Um..a sandwich." I answered monotonously.

Jack laughed.

"Funny. Hey well, me and my buddies were gonna go sneak out back and light up. Wanna join?" He asked.

I knew that meant they were going to smoke...whatever they smoked.

I shook my head bluntly.

"No."

I stared at them for a few seconds. Some girl named Mazie saw the boys talking to me today in English and told me later after the period ended that they were just using me, and that they did the same thing to her when she moved here a year ago. And even though they were the most popular boys of the grade, not to trust them.

"Don't get your panties in a twist when I say this, but I don't want to be that one girl that becomes part of your group that you all take turns doing. You're obviously just using me for drugs and sex, and I'm sorry, but I can't provide you with those things. And if you deny that this is true I still sure as hell don's want to be any of your friends. So please leave me alone." I said bravely.

Suddenly, Jack's facial expression changed. His mouth turned down into a hard line, and his eyes turned cloudy and angry looking.

"What did you just say to me?" He whispered.

"I said leave me alone. Need me to say it one more time?" I said.

Jack glared at me.

"You're gonna regret this." He hissed as he pulled his friends away with him.

I took another bite of my sanwich, satisfied with myself. I glanced at Johnson, and to my surprise, I saw he was already staring.