A vacation? Yes please.

Percy's POV

Sweat dripped from his forhead, gathering in pools below his feet. There might have been some blood in there too. But he was too focused on the battle at hand to notice the overwelming pain he was in. He focused just on taking another step. Another swing. Killing another monster. His mouth tasted like sand because of his lack of water. Which for a son of Poseidon was a big deal. He had been fightning for hours nonstop.

Then he heard a scream. A blood chilling scream he recognized. No, not Annabeth. He gathered his remaining strength and ran to help her. Turning every monter along the way to dust. What he saw when he got there was too much for him to handle.

Annabeth's shirt was blood-soaked and ripped. She was stabbed. She was pail, cold, and dying.

"Percy?" She looked at him. Her once fierce gray eyes were dull and fading. Her princess curls a messy mop on her head.

"No, no. Annabeth, you can't leave me." Tears escaped his eyes as he brought Annabeth into his arms. He supported her head with his arm and gazed into her eyes.

"Percy?" She choked and coughed then winced in pain.

"I'm here. You'll be okay."

"You could... have saved... me." Percy sobbed at her heartbroken and betrayed expression. It was his fault. All his fault. He should have saved her.

"I will. Somebody help!" He looked around for any Apollo kids.

"No, It's too... late. It's all your... fault." She lauched into a coughing fit again which made Percy squeeze her tighter. Like maybe he could protect her from death. Her eyes fluttered closed and her hand he had been squeezing like a stress ball went limp.

"No, no, no, no, Annabeth, no, come back to me. I need you Annabeth, no, I need you Wise Girl. I need you. I can't live without you." Tears soaked her orange camp half blood t-shirt. He shook her violently. Trying to get a response from her but there was nothing.

Will from the Apollo cabin ran up and saw the scene.

"Is... she really...?" He couldn't say it. He couldn't bare to think it. Will leaned down and took her other hand in his, checking for her pulse on her wrist. He dropped it again and looked at Percy.

"I'm sorry, Percy." Percy squeezed her cold hard body and looked up at the clouds.

"NO!" He screamed and lightning flashed. The ground beneath him began to crack. Like the Earth splitting in half. He grabbed onto the ledge just in time before he fell into the hole. He held on with one hand while gripping Annabeth's cold, stiff one in the other. His palms were slimey and sweaty and slowly he began to slip. This was way to familiar to him. This moment.

"Don't even try, Percy." A dreadful fealing settled inside of him when the form of Luke Castellan stepped out of the smoke and into sight. "You don't deserve to live. You could have saved her but you didn't." He bent down to look at Percy's distressed and sorrowful face. He smirked. "I warned her. She didn't listen. I always told her you would be the death of her. I guess I was right."

"Luke." Was all he managed to choke out.

"When I get rid of you." He continued. "The world will praise my name for being a hero." Percy gritted his teeth. "Oh, don't worry about being forgotten. You'll be remembered. As a traitor, a liar, a deceiver and a murderer."

"No." 

Luke flashed him another smirk.

"Goodbye, Percy." He stood back up straight and stepped on Percy's fingers. He screamed as his fingers broke under the weight. He lost his grip. Percy cradled Annabeth's body as he fell to the place he never wanted to return to. When he got near the bottom he hugged his girlfriend. He wasn't afraid. This was what he wanted now.