| thirty one ; the death of christopher reed

Start from the beginning

the flames wrapped around christopher became even more violent as if they were about to explode and began swallowing up everything surrounding him. as the vicinity was being swept away by his vicious flames, he stood in the middle of the storm of destruction and roared out loudly enough to shake the earth itself.

"die, you damn monsters!"

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"oh my, there's so many people!" y/n exclaimed.

"of course. they all gathered here today because they wanted to see you two," said the association employee that was accompanying them. "we don't have an exact number, but we estimate there are over 100,000 people."

y/n shifted towards the window, lowering it down as she peeked her head out. the crowd began screaming even louder and y/n waved at them.

"my liege, your people are paying respect to you. perhaps you should raise your hand at them in acknowledgement like my queen," suggested beru from his shadow.

"you got it all wrong beru," muttered jin-woo as he deadpanned.

"my queen says either wise," beru replied.

jin-woo looked at y/n as he crossed his arms, "why are you so excited?"

"i'm famous, jin-woo. famous!" y/n exclaimed as her eyes sparkled.

"does she not receive this kind of treatment back home, my liege?"

"apparently not."

݃*₊TIMESKIP
∘* ˚.

"i wonder what's the chance of coincidentally sitting near someone you know on a plane..." jin-woo muttered as he looked at the familiar figure sitting at the next row.

"hi mister adam!" y/n greeted excitedly as she sat down next to jin-woo.

"hello miss y/n, it is an honour to see you and mister sung again," adam smiled at them. "i must say i'm grateful that you remember me even though we met once."

"of course," y/n said with a laugh.

beru was the one who told me his name. jin-woo laughed as well as he recalled the words his shadow said.

"my king! his name is adam! adam white! you must not get the name wrong this time. it will worsen your reputation as the king!"

"wasn't the deal called off?" jin-woo asked.

"i am aware i am stepping out of bounds by coming to see you two without prior notice but i have an urgent matter to discuss," answered adam.

"don't tell me the u.s. failed to stop the s-rank gate," y/n said with a glare.

"oh, no! that has been taken care of without any problems," adam quickly said as he nervously laughed.

"oh that's good," y/n replied with a smile. "so what is it?"

"please look at this," adam said and passed them a computer.