Scent of The Stolen Butterfly (17)

Start from the beginning

He seemed to be awakened from his floating thoughts. "Is it the one where the former tea shop was located?"

"I believe so. That's what my father told me." I answered.

He crossed his arms as he thinks for a moment. "Isn't it located at a subdivision near a river?"

"Yes?"

He clicked his tongue as he turned to me. "That's tough. I don't know that place."

"But aren't you a citizen here? How come you don't know of this place?"

"I just based this on my mother's stories, but I believe that this tea shop already closed even before I was born."

Assuming his looks, I'm guessing that our age gap isn't that large, to begin with. Who knows, if both of us have the same age as well. Vaughn is still young.

Then that means that this place has already been abandoned for more than 20 years.

"Well now that we don't know where that place is... let's start asking."

After 2 hours of asking, and I guess 30 minutes of eating as a break, we finally found Ribiscuss Rebound.

"M'lady, are you sure that it's this place?" Emmanuel, who had a sour-looking expression that was looking at the abandoned compartment asked.

"Y-yeah, this place looks rigged," Libbe said pointing at the place that was half burnt.Ribiscuss Rebound is not just abandoned, but it's f*cked up.

(A/N: She did not say that-)

Ribiscuss Rebound is not just abandoned, but it's a completely burnt space with almost nothing in it. There are almost no walls to be seen, and a roof to cover, but there's still the place. Just...burnt.

"M'lady. Are you sure that this friend of yours is a friend? Or a syndicate?" Vaughn asked.

"You just asked me what my father asked me!"

We went closer to the place to look around. It was really wide; I guess it used to be a big tea shop for ladies to gather. I wonder what happened.

There was almost nothing in here. I looked very closely, to look if some person was hiding from the shades or the corners. It'll be a hard find since, in the first place, I have no clue what this person looks like.

A bright purple ray of light then shined from a small corner. However, even though that corner was small, the light shined brightly, causing me to notice it.

However, as I looked around, the three others didn't seem to notice it. Libbe turned to look at me, but it's as if she has never seen something.

I walked closer towards it. Am I the only one who can see it? What kind of superior magic is this?

'A note.' I whispered hoping for none of them to hear me. I opened it and noticed that the handwriting on this paper has the same handwriting as the writings on the note on the pocket watch.

'I only show up if you're the only one alone.'

I stood up and called to the three after reading the note. "Everyone, please leave."

"M'lady, we can't leave you here all alone," Emmanuel said.

"I'm going to be all right. My friend is already here."

Libbe's eyes started to roam around, but she saw no new person. "Where is she, m'lady?"

"She's here, but she doesn't want to come out. She has social anxiety, remember?" I smiled to lessen their suspicion and worry.

"Then, we'll be waiting for you outside, m'lady." Vaughn lowered his head as he walked away from the scene.

"W-wait! B-but m'lady-"

"Libbe, I'm fine. Instead, wait for me outside. I promise I won't be out here for long. I'm just going to talk to my friend." I said, emphasizing friend.

"Then... we will respect m'lady's wishes." Both of them bowed before walking away. I stood from afar to make sure that they went outside.

If someone knew what the real reason for this meet-up is, I'd be doomed.

"It took you too long to get here, woman..."

My eyes widened upon hearing that familiar voice. I am very sure that this voice belongs to the person I met that night, the one who gave me the pocket watch.

I turned around to look, revealing a man of the same height, with dark purple hair and greyish-white eyes, as if he had no eyes at all.

"Was it you? The man that night? The one who gave me the 

pocket watch?"

He just stared and smiled at me, and for some reason, it was irritating me. "Hello~"

QUICK NOTES:

The Empire is named Beller, and it has four nations. The north, east, south, west which is namely called Daih (N), Thoir (E), Theas (S), Iarre (W). The story takes place at Daih, MC's hometown and currently they are taking place at Thoir.

More about the story's history soon! Hehe...