Seven

As the boat made it across the water. Daphne, Emmeline, their Mama and Anthony all got out. People danced and talked amongst themselves in an outside gathering area covered in candlelights to create the perfect low glow.

A man started announcing the fact that something amazing was about to happen. Emmeline grabbed her sisters hand and walked over to the group of people who stood around.

"I present Vauxhall's newest spectacle of illumination. Feats your eyes above and allow all that is radiant overwhelm you!"

Sparks started to fly as a servant set fire to a fuse that caused all the unlight lights above to glisten like stars in the sky. The deep light gave the ball a different energy to it.

"Is it not the most bizzarre." Daphne said to her brother. "What is it?"

He stayed quite. Almost as if he didn't want to meet Daphne is the eye. He seemed to have lost all his sentimental qualities the day Papa died. For some reason, he turned cold.

"Lord Berbrookes barony is over 200 years old. His lineage is legitimate. He has had an excellent education, possesses no debts, never hurt an animal or a women, and is even a decent shot." Anthony said to Daphne. "To speak strictly, there is nothing wrong with him."

"What should any of this—." Daphne started.

"—You are to marry him." Anthony cut off.

"Nigel?" Emmeline remarked. "Do you not realize how he acts? Brother, you have obviously lacked seeing him with Daph. No chemistry, it's just uncomfortable to watch! Should you wish for our sister to be happy, you wouldn't do this. If you care for her feelings, you wouldn't do this."

Daphne walked away from the group quickly, hoping to seclude herself and truly let out her emotions. Emmeline tried to understand her. She was to marry one of the most displeasing men she had layed her eyes on.

"How could you? You must be sick!" Emmeline asserted. Her face had formed into one that was truly angry.

"I am the man of the family, so I have to do what I have to do to keep us afloat." Anthony said before looking at his younger sister in the eye. "You are to be married next, so now you know how to react."

That evening when the fireworks went off, Emmeline noticed her sister, however, she was not alone. She was walking with the Duke. She knew that the Bridgerton's were about to get extremely busy.

She thought they looked in love, they seemed in love. However, this probably was not the case. Her sister had confided in her that she truly had a distain for the Duke of Hastings. Of course, London during the marrige season always seems to change very quickly. But this one, seemed to change a bit too quick. One does not go from feeling vexed to smitten at the drop off a hat. Something was the matter, that was apparent.

"Is that not a strange change?" Emmeline asked her mother.

"What is, dear?"

"Daphne and the Duke? Just yesterday—." She started before her mother cut her off.

"Don't worry yourself with such thoughts, dearest. Whatever the case may be, Daphne is happy."