Chapter Forty-Four: Ground Beta

Start from the beginning

He lets out a huff, but doesn't move anymore. He looks somewhat irritated still, brows still furrowed and eyes squeezed a little. I watch as his arms slip from his chest. They rest on his lap, slightly twitching like before. I stare at his palms for a while before I slowly move my hand to hover over his. Once I press a finger tip onto his knuckle, his palm turns over to show my the inside. 

Blinking at the sudden movement, I place my hand over his and watch as his fingers slightly curl around mine. I feel a little bit better.

He would be taking a three month long Provisional course to make up for the fail. After that, they'd hold a test to see if they could truly be rewarded with their licenses. They won't replace their usual studies either, so they'll be taking both classes. One for the license and the other for overall intellect. They're able to take the test again in April if they'd like to wait and not take the classes.

I turn my head to look out the window, letting out a small yawn and covering my shoulders with my blazer. The AC on the bus was cranked up to full blast since we were all tired from the exam. Aizawa was sleeping at the front seat, as usual. Others were making small talk and just talking about the exam as a whole. We were in the back.

A wave of relaxation finally hits me. After the day of hard work, I can finally rest. 

Later . . .

"So, we're back to normal classes tomorrow, right?" Jirou questions, sitting down beside Yaoyorozu. 

The taller girl holds her tea up, tilting her head with a smile. She huffs, "I suppose there's no rest for heroes."

Sato speaks up from his spot in the common room, "Man, I could use a vacation."

Tokoyami leans back in his seat, arms crossed over his chest. "I'll not forget this summer for the rest of my life." He states, closing his eyes. 

We were finishing up cleaning after dinner. Kirishima and Katsuki were on dishes duty. They were the last to finish with their chores since everyone else was already resting. I sat at the bench, sitting from my cup. Kirishima is putting the dishes away and Katsuki is the one washing them, as well as drying them. The blonde is yelling at Kirishima for putting them in the wrong spots, and the red-haired boy only looks back at him confusingly. 

I chuckle, placing my cup down, "You two sure do make a good team."

Kirishima smiles. "Thank you, Y/N!" He calls proudly, rubbing the back of his neck. 

Katsuki rolls his eyes. 

I wait for them to finish, ready to go join the others like Kirishima is doing. Katsuki is wiping his hands dry. "Let's go?" I hum, jutting a finger into the group's direction.

But he only faces a certain somebody in the doorway. I follow his gaze. 

Midoriya.

And for a second, I don't care about it. He's always glaring at the boy, even when he's just breathing or whatever. It's kind of usual for this to happen now. I clean my cup and put it away, tugging on his tank top. "Come on, let's just talk to them for a while." I offer, grinning a little, "It's not even 8:00 yet."

I'm hoping everyone will welcome in kindly. They might make him feel better about failing the exam. I've noticed he's been down about it ever since we boarded the bus. He had ripped his results sheet to shreds once he entered the dorms, shoving them into the bin right after. I kind of want to find a way for him to take his mind off of it all.

Katsuki glances at me and then walks forward. "Fucking Hell, fine." He grumbles. 

I nod my head, following along. I make my way to sit next to Kaminari, glancing over my shoulder to talk to Katsuki. But he's passing by Midoriya, whispering out that we can't hear with all the laughing going around. Midoriya looks back at Katsuki, fear riding in his irises.