9

Warnings: alcohol, weapons, mild description of injuries, mention of self-harm, mentions of mania

Summary: If Malcolm had killed Endicott instead of Ainsley and one day he just broke. (415 is the code for 'disturbance of the peace' and by 'bus' Gil means 'ambulance' basically)

---

Officer (on JT's radio): "I'm gonna need some assistance. I've got a 415 in progress on West 26th Street."

JT: "Isn't that by Bright's place?"

Officer: "White male, 30s. Suspect is armed and appears drunk."

Dani: "Could that be-"

Gil (into JT's radio): "This is Lieutenant Arroyo of the 16th. Describe the Suspect."

Officer: "5'6" maybe 5'7", short blonde hair, wearing jeans and t-shirt. What looks like cuts or scars on both arms. Is he wanted?"

Dani (trying to ignore the information about the cuts): "That has to be him."

Gil (into JT's radio) (pulling on his coat): "Requesting confirmation: you said he was armed?"

Officer: "Correct. He's wielding some sort of pistol. Looks like a collector's. He's either drunk or manic."

JT: "Boss-"

Gil (into JT's radio): "Explain."

Officer: "He's crying and repeating things. Keeps pressing the firearm to his head and saying something about a killer?"

Gil (into JT's radio): "What killer?"

Officer: "I don't know. He's not making any sense. I think he's saying he's a killer? Or someone he knows? He keeps saying 'Whitly'. Is he talking about The Surgeon?"

Gil (into JT's radio): "I'll be there 3 minutes max. Don't let him go anywhere."

Dani: "Gil-"

Gil: "What!?"

Dani: "You heard what that officer said. He's drunk, or worse. We need to think about this."

Gil: "I am thinking. My kid is out there. He is scared and alone. He needs my help."

JT: "We're coming with you."

Gil: "Don't try to stop me."

JT: "He's got a gun. What if he shoots you?"

Gil: "If he's going to shoot anyone it's going to be himself. Come or not, I don't care. Just let me help my son."

(When they get there)

Gil: "Lieutenant Arroyo. Did you call this in?"

Officer: "Yeah. He hasn't stopped rambling."

Dani: "We've got this from here. Standby in case we need backup."

Gil (slowly approaching Malcolm with his hands up): "Bright?"

Malcolm: (doesn't hear him)

Gil: "Malcolm."

Malcolm: (looks up, eyes wide and manic)

Gil: "Malcolm, I need you to listen to me. Everything's going to be okay. I'm here. I need you to put the gun down."

Malcolm: "It's not okay! It's not- it's not okay! Get away from me! Killer- he's a killer! I'm a killer! I did it! I'm him- we're us- we're the same! Edicott killed- I killed- Whitly- I'm Whitly- I'm him!"

Gil: "I'm not leaving you. Tell me what's going on. What happened?"

Malcolm: "I'm Whitly!"

Gil: "Malcolm-"

Malcolm: I need it to stop. (Chokes on a sob and presses the gun to his head)

Gil (trying to stay calm): "Malcolm, please, put the gun down. We can talk about this. Please, just, drop the weapon."

Malcolm: "I need- stop- I need it to stop- stop- make it go away! Shut up!"

Gil: "Kid, please. I need you to put the weapon down. No one needs to get hurt."

Malcolm: "I do! I need- I need to- kill me- shoot me! Please! I need to- I want- you- you need- I hurt them! I- die- I need to-"

Dani and JT: (slowly walking up behind Malcolm)

Gil: "I'm not going to shoot you, Malcolm. I could never do that. Please-"

Malcolm: "I'm dangerous! I'm a killer- I kill- I- killed him! Endicott killed- dad- I- Whitly- I need to- blood on- I- I killed-"

JT: (grabs the gun from Malcolm's hand and throws it to the side and wraps his arms around him)

Dani: (take gun from the floor)

Malcolm: "No! Stop! Get- I need- get off me! I'll hurt- I can't- I'm- killer- I don't- you- please! I need to- my gun! I need- let me go!"

Gil (into his radio): "Dispatch, I need a bus on West 26th. I have a civilian in severe distress."