Don't Crush That Crush

"i waited for you my entire life  and you were worth every minute."  - Mark Anthony

She sat next to Alex in the kitchen, watching as Dr

She sat next to Alex in the kitchen, watching as Dr. B handed Lydia a weird, claw contraption with flourish, "Here you go, Lydia. A little gift to grab those hard-to-reach items."

"Magnificent!" She murmured in awe.

Mia giggled, leaning her head on Alex' shoulder, as he deadpanned, "Wow, so when I get older, will I be easily-amazed too?"

"Let's try, shall we?" She suggested with a smirk, before pressing a kiss to his cheek, and pulling away, grinning when he tilted it back her way, pleading, "One more."

Complying, she joked, "See? Just as easily impressed."

The boy rolled his eyes, "Princesa, I'd have to be dead to not be amazed by one of your kisses." Only to smirk when she blushed and averted her gaze.

"We've been together for nearly 6 months, and I can still make you blush like that." He whispered softly, grunting when she pushed him off his chair.

Lydia chuckled at them, before looking at her grandson, "Shh, papito! Leslie has been so helpful! And the day you cease to make her blush, is the day you've lost her love." Before turning on her heels and leaving the kitchen.

Mia giggled, pulling her boyfriend back to his feet, and blushing harder as he wrapped his arms around her from behind, planting his chin on her head.

"That's true. Now Abuelita won't need you to come over and get jars down from the top shelf." He mocked Dr. B softly.

The two chuckled when the man broke the contraption, Mia bumping fists with him as he murmured, "oops."

The apartment door opened, and Elena entered, followed by her group of friends.

"What a nice group of... human people friends." Murmured the Doctor softly, explaining, when both Alex and Mia shot him con fused looks, "I heard about the pronouns thing. Now I'm terrified to speak."

The girl nodded in understanding, before leaving them behind, approaching Lydia as she joked, "I think somebody has a crush... on "her!" "

"Dani? No, I don't! I don't even know her! You have a crush on her!" Cried the older girl in a panic.

Mia perched on the couch, chuckling as Lydia took a seat beside her, and telling Elena, "Non, Pretty. You were looking at her the way your brother looks at Jordans. All longing stares and batting eyelashes."

El rolled her eyes, as Lydia continued, "No, no, no, when it comes to detecting romance, I am like cousin Aurensio at the beach with his metal detector."

"So you found nothing and you're sweating through your shirt?"

"I predicted Alex and Mia." Pointed the woman smugly.