nail polish ☄︎

jake's pov :)

i stare at myself in my mirror, a distance away from the bed where devon was sitting, scrolling through his phone. i look into the mirror, staring at his reflection more then mine.

he smiled at his phone and giggled. i frown. what if he was staring at someone else. i look back at myself and run my fingers through my hair. i was frustrated that i don't look like what devon most likely wants. i trace my face with my hand, looking at what i found as "imperfect" or whatever.

"jakeee," devon complains.

i jump, looking at him through the mirror. he's staring at me aswell.

"stop looking at yourself like that," he stands up and wraps his arms around me from behind.

i smile, blushing.

we stay in comfortable silence before devon begins to say something.

"jake can you paint my nails," i light up a little, "yea," i smile back, his arms still around me.

i pull off of him and look through the colors. i had a few so i held some out for devon to pick from. he picked purple, i knew he would.

he sits down on the bed, and i sit across from him, unscrewing the lid .

i pull his hand towards me, resting it onto my lower thigh so i could have better control.

i notice him watching closely, making me giggle.

"what?" he looks at me.

"just you."

"well you're so good at it," i blush.

i peck his lips and pull away, but he kisses a few more times before i hold him back.

"i only have 4 nails done out of the 10, you can wait til after," i tease and he rolls his eyes playfully.

i continue, spreading the color onto his nails.

"it's cold," he mumbles

"what?"

"the nail polish! it's cold!"

"how?" i stop right before the last nail.

"shut up you know what i mean!" he scoffs.

"no, i actually don't know what you mean," i mimic back.

"forget it i'll cry about it later," he begins to fake sniffle. i brush the last nail and he ends up sneezing of course right in the middle.

"look what you did! now to nail polish is on me!" i whine.

"good! we're matching now."

i scoff, wiping away whatever didnt go as planned, which was pretty much everything but the nail.

he blows on them repeatedly and i laugh at him from time to time.

as soon as they aren't sticky, he pushes his lips back to mine. i slowly melt, smiling against his lips.

keep in mind it's 4 am, im half conscious, and im 100% sure i won't remember this when i wake up. my body keeps giving out and then i jump awake and it's scary.