"But what?" the other two asked in unison.

"Well, I've got a shot to prove myself, but I'm not even allowed to touch her." He instantly felt his mood drop at the self-reminder. Osamu laughed hysterically causing the blonde to shoot him an angry look.

"Why the heck are ya cackling like a hyena for?"

"She's good. Knows exactly where to put pressure on ya."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means, ya can't ever keep yer hands to ya self! Not when it comes to her. Don't ya remember that little bet we made last year? Ya hands were always all over her when y'all were datin'. Now yer barely even friends..."

Atsumu groans in frustration slumping down and sprawling on the seat knocking his brother off.

"Ugh, I'm gonna explode."

...

The weekend finally rolled around and Atsumu had planned to take her to the arcade. Usually he would have figured volleyball would be what she wanted to do, but he wanted to try something new.

They were super competitive at all the games, especially air hockey. It was good for both of them to have so much fun together, and it felt just like old times.

Atsumu wanted the day to last forever and planned to make the most of it.

When they started feeling peckish, he decided to take her to a very familiar ice cream store they had once visited some time ago.

When she saw where they were a small laugh left her lips which made Atsumus insides flutter.

'God I love her laugh.'

"Is this a good idea?" She asked the blonde who was smiling like a dork.

"It'll be fine, I'm gonna try somethin' different from last time that's for sure." He said remembering the disgusting flavour that he ended up swapping with the olive eyed girl.

"Hmm, so what are you going to try this time?" She asked as she also eyed the flavours.

"Umm, I'll go with the soy sauce one!" He said and Suzume nearly threw up in her mouth.

"Are you crazy? Ice cream flavoured?" She was in disbelief as he nodded his head and she scrunched her face in disgust.

"Whatever, don't expect to swap if you hate it. Hmm I'll have... the red bean one."

After they got their ice creams, she took a peak at him to see he was already regretting his decision and a giggle left her lips.

He llicked a small piece of it and she watched as he gagged before running to the rubbish bin to spit it out, then he tossed the whole thing away.

"Told ya!" She teased, pleasantly surprised with her choice. Atsumu pouted and she felt kind of bad. "Here, try mine."

She offered it to him and his eyes nearly bulged out of his head. 'Oh my god, she's offering me her ice cream! This will be an indirect kiss!'

He took it carefully before trying it and his eyes widened in surprise.

"Wow this is really good!" He ate more of it and she slapped his arm taking the ice cream back.

"Oi! Get your own if you like it so much!" She frowned and he could only chuckle at how protective of her ice cream she was.

"Alright, wait here." He jogged back to the ice cream shop to get the same flavour then they made their way to sit on a free bench.

He couldn't help but watch her, thinking about how adorable she looked. They were both pretty relaxed from the day and a little tired.

"I'm sorry." She apologised suddenly and he almost dropped his ice cream.

"Hah? Why are ya sorry?"

"For avoiding you for so long."

"Ya shouldn't be apologisin' for that. That's on me."

"I stayed mad at you for so long though, and the truth is Tsumi, everything you said was right, and I just couldn't handle hearing it." She said sadly and he furrowed his brow.

"No, don't say that! It wasn't right nothin' I said was right! I was being an asshole. Yer one of the best volleyball players I've seen, and ya have the strongest mindset. Even after what I said to ya... you were still able to get out there and train hard." He said hurriedly as his hands were starting to shake. He couldn't believe that's what she had been feeling this entire time.

"But I wasn't good enough, I gave it my all and I wasn't good enough."

"Neither was I. But look, we have another shot. We can both push each other to get better, to win, but in the right way. Not by not workin' to death."

She nods in agreement. He was about to reach for her hand, but remembered the deal he made.

"Please don't ever think what I said was true, because it wasn't."

...

Monday rolled around again and it was a typical day. Suzume had fallen asleep again and Atsumu was trying to wake her but she didn't budge.

"I know yer just ignoring me." he said in a sing song voice but she still didn't respond.

"Oi, come to lunch." Suna called and she sat up immediately following after him.

"Eh? Why do ya listen to Suna and not me?" Atsumu whined.

"Because I like Rin." She said poking her tongue at him teasingly. Suna blushed, not that it was obvious and Atsumu's jaw dropped as they both realised she just said that.

"I thought we made up though!" He pouted. "We had fun at the arcade yesterday, didn't we?"

"Yeah, so what?"

"Tch. I'm way better than Suna anyway." Atsumu muttered and Suna thwacked his head.

"Ow! It's true! Besides, all the girls in the school think I'm way prettier than him too."

He gets another twack.

"What if I said I think Rin is way prettier than you?" She said sitting next to Suzuya and Suna choked on his milk with a laugh, Osamu also snickered. He wasn't sure what their conversation was about or how it started but he was amused.

"I'd say yer a liar." Atsumu said before composing himself.

"Alright enough with the teasing, Suzu-chan, you'll give them heart attacks."

She looks at her friend confused until she turns to see the both of them red which made her laugh.

"Whoops, sorry."

...

Bit going on this chapter but I hope you enjoyed!