prince

Avi smiled widely at the sight in front of him.
They finally did it. He, Kevin, Kirstie, Mitchell and Scott finally kidnapped the Prince. Now the black royal was sitting right in fron of their eyes, his pupils blown with fear.

"Who are y'all?", asks Prince Matt.

Kirstie giggles.

"We are the lucky ones who weren't killed by your daddy", snorts Mitch humorlessly.

Scott chuckles at his best friend and cuddles him closer to his side. The couple is sitting in one big armchair, next to the fireplace. Kirstie and Kevin sat near them on big silk cushions to keep the distance from a stranger.

Avi comes closer to the Prince and studies his wounds. He and his friends tried their best to not hurt the royal but... let's say that Mitch got a little bit excited and the rest of them had to protect Matt from getting bitten by a brunette.

"They are not that deep, few days and you'll be good as new, my highness.", a bearded dragon says.

"Sorry about these, my fault. It's been a while since I was able to drink human blood. I'm starving.", Mitch mutters apologetically.

Scott hugs him tighter and whispers something into smaller man's ear. Mitch giggles "You're so sweet, Pup."

Matt glares from one creature to another, visibly confused. "So y'all are like... not human? Monsters? Fantastic creatures?"

Kirstie shuffles closer to the Prince, tilting her head. "We aren't human. Kevin is the closest to being human but... well your father's people almost burned him for having powers. Avriel got his wings cought..."

"...Like have you ever seen a dragon without wings?"

Kirstie rolls her eyes at Avi's comment and continues:

"Mitchell almost got a heart piercing, thank Aslan they didn't hurt him too deep and Kevin could cure him. But still, there's a possibility he'll be mortal now. Scott lost his family to hunters and I was an abused slave to your father's knights. All because I'm a freaking mermaid."

Matt tries to wrap his mind around what Kirstie just said. Shit. Balthazar, his father that he never actually knew, was cruel. But everyone says that vampires are cruel. And that sirens lure fishermen just to kill them and consume their souls. And wizards. Wizards were enemies!

"Why did you kidnap me in the first place? To hurt my father? He doesn't care. He doesn't even remember my name and forgets about my birthday. Every. Damn. Year. You planned your revenge bad."

Mitch laughs again, his face softens so he looks almost human. Almost.

"We are not that bad at planning, we have Kevin. Our personal genius.", Kirstie explains to him, eyes dark with tiny sparks of excitement. Kevin sends her a wide smile and clears his throat. "You're gonna be our king. Fight for our rights and stand up for innocent magic creatures."

"Why did you choose me. My brother, Eliott, he is a better leader, king material. His older, better at fighting-"

"Oh shut up, boy", the vampire speaks up. "YOU are a pure soul, not him. Kirstie is a soul specialist, and she's sure that you are going to be the great King."

Scott flashed a proud dog-like smile and nodded in agreement with Mitch.

And yes, Matt became a great King.