"This is Sergeant James Barnes. Two years ago we all found out that he was still alive and hadn't died in 1944 like we all thought. After his fall during his last mission with Captain Rogers, a Soviet patrol found him and he was promptly taken into Hydra's custody. For the first twenty of the seventy years they had him they tortured and brainwashed him before they turned him into a weapon. Two years ago Alexander Pierce had a plan to wipe out everyone who went against Hydra. It was then that he tried to murder Director Nick Fury who had figured out something was wrong with Project Insight. Pierce sent Bucky here to do the job. Luckily Director Fury survived. When Captain Rogers, Agent Romanoff and Sam Wilson dared to stop him he sent Captain Rogers' best friend to kill him and the others."

Her little reminder of who really was behind the attacks were a twofer. It reminded them all of the events that led to Hydra being exposed and if it wasn't for them they would all be dead. Before the press conference Ronnie had sent out an information packet to each reporter that included the names of every person on Pierce's hit list. Conveniently every person in this room had been on that list. Her hope was that it would make things better for Bucky if the people who were here understood what had been at stake.

Pausing to take a breath Ronnie glanced over at Bucky to see how he was holding up. He was a little pale, but he seemed to be holding up alright. "It was during his fight with Captain Rogers that Bucky's memories started to come back. With Pierce dead and Hydra no longer able to control him Bucky ran for his life. For the last two years he's been hiding. With my help Captain Rogers brought him home to clear his name for everything that Hydra has made him do; including the assassination of mine and Tony's parents." It was at this bit of information that the room erupted into a chaos of questions.

Holding up her hands, Ronnie called for quiet. It took several minutes before it was quiet enough for her to be heard. "Director Fury, Steve, Tony and I know that if Bucky had been given the choice he never would have hurt anyone. We've forgiven him for what they made him do to our family. Because of that forgiveness we are personally calling for the United States government and every government who signed to hold to the terms of the Geneva convention to pardon James for any and all crimes committed during the seventy years he was held as a prisoner of war by Hydra." Before she could continue the rest of her statement a loud murmur ran through the crowd.

A reporter that Ronnie recognized stood up and shouted, "I was just informed that there was just a bombing at the UN in Vienna for the Sokovia Accords signing and they're saying Barnes did it." Shocked, the room collectively turned their eyes to the man at her side.

She didn't know what was happening and was worried for Nat, but one fire at a time. "As you can see he's been here with us all the whole time. All of you are witnesses that he in fact, didn't hurt those people. And before anyone says that he could have had accomplices. He has been with me for the last almost two weeks being monitored the entire time he's been here in the states. I trust that the authorities are smart enough to find the actual perpetrator."

Grabbing Bucky's hand she snagged Tony's attention silently telling him to take over. She needed to get him out of here and back to her house so she could figure out what fuck was actually happening. Keeping his hand in hers they made their way back through the door they'd used to enter and out to the hallway that led to the doors. JARVIS notified her via her watch that the FBI and Homeland Security had just arrived and were there for Bucky. That wasn't happening.

Turning on her heel she led him towards the elevators and pressed the call button for her office. Concerned and a little afraid about what was happening Bucky asked her while he continued to follow. "Ronnie, where are we going?"

"Somewhere to hide you until I can get this straightened out. I told you, I wouldn't let anyone take you and I'm a woman of my word. I dare anyone to try and take you away from me damn it." He flashed her a smile at her fiery attitude. The elevator let them out on the office floors. Making a beeline straight towards her office she led him inside and had JARVIS put it on lockdown and open her panic room. "Get inside. When I'm able to come get you I will. Until then stay here and don't move."