75

Sam

"Do you still want to go to the warehouse still?" I asked

Nellie shrugged her shoulders looking back at the tv in front of her.

"Will Colby be coming?" She asked

"I don't think so, it'll be just us." I said

She nodded and we got up going to the car, I threw the backpack in the backseat before going to the driver's side.

"So we'll park a couple miles away then walk the rest but once we get into the field we quickly run into the woods so no body doesn't see us." I said

She nodded "Ok."

~~~

We got to the field and started running towards the woods, the sun was starting to set so we had to hurry before it gets dark out.

"Hurry Nellie." I said looking behind me

"I'm coming Sammy." She said running a bit faster

I stopped at the edge of the woods and waited a few seconds till Nellie caught up to me, I found the trail that was overgrown but was still easy to see.

"Did you bring bug spray?" She asked

I nodded giving her the can "We'll be there soon."

We kept walking deeper into the woods as the sun kept setting, and finally I saw past the trees and smiled to myself.

"There it is Nellie." I said pointing to it

She looked at it with amazement on her face, we started walking towards it pushing away branches near our faces. We were in front of it but then walked inside it turning on the flashlights.

"This is cool, when did you find this?" She asked

"I found it when I was in middle school then when I met Colby we came here all throughout highschool." I said

She hummed and walked off I followed closely behind here looking in the rooms here and there.

"Wanna go up the stairs?" I asked

She looked up before nodding and carefully going up the stairs I followed looking behind every so often that became a habit everytime I would come here.

"It's pretty." She whispered

I nodded looking out into the sunset all the different colors painting the sky. It was beautiful and Nellie saw it too by the way her eyes light up.

Maybe things could be different with Nellie around.