Twenty-Nine: Birthday Baby

Start from the beginning

Honestly, Harry's the only thing I want for my birthday. It's weird to think that I won't be seeing my parents or Blair or Pat... or Laurel today because I always do when I'm home. But I have this feeling Harry will make up for it in any way he can.

Having to stop kissing him is always difficult, especially when it's as good as it is now, slow and heated. I swear it's a goal of his to make it impossible for me, tease me with it until the last possible second when he pulls away to say something sweet or sometimes something a little dirty.

"Want breakfast?" he smiles, pushing his hair back so it doesn't fall in front of his face anymore. "We can order something?"

We're in Chicago now and after quite a bit of convincing Harry managed to persuade me into staying a nicer than usual hotel, one with room service and fancy slippers in the closet. There was a mini presentation that went along with his pleading eyes, explaining our budget and how close we are to reaching our "final" destination.

We try to be smart with the money we have since we know it won't last forever. So we only stay at places that won't break the bank for a few hours of sleep. Between long bus rides we've made an imaginary checklist of what hotels are counted as acceptable, with a price cap included. But this room we're in now has surpassed both that and most of our other qualifications.

I think it's okay to spoil ourselves for a night or two though. We've been in too many cramped and uncomfortable places as we trek our way across the country not to splurge a little while we have the ability to do so.

The room is far bigger than we've grown accustomed to. Even the bathroom is about twice as big as normal. Harry was sold that we made the right decision as soon as he opened the curtains to see a view of skyscrapers. He was even happier when he walked into the bathroom to see a Jacuzzi tub that he's convinced he'll be able to get me in to.

"Sure," I nod again, trying not to think too much about how much it will cost because my frugal self is fighting my want to enjoy breakfast in bed. I know even if I put up a fight about it Harry would order it for me anyways, claiming it as a birthday present.

"Okay," he smirks again. "But before I call down I need to satisfy another hunger... I've been deprived after a whole," he looks at the clock, checking the time. "A whole seven hours of sleep."

"What?" I look at him, confused as he continues to smirk at me.

"You know," his head dips down, digging into my neck. His hair tickles my skin and I can't help but laugh but when I feel his lips press into my neck, kissing deeply, a whole different set of feelings rush through me. "I'm very hungry, need to eat... and the birthday girl deserves a treat in the morning as well, yeah?"

When his eyes meet mine he's blinking slowly, the green in them brighter than normal as he stares. I nod my head now that I've allowed myself to understand what he means and he bites his lip as his hands meet my waist, pulling my underwear off quicker than I was anticipating.

He smiles again, appearing like a mix between an innocent child and one that's up to no good. Then he moves down my body, kissing slowly and whispers "Happy birthday," once more.

...

Getting out of the hotel room was a struggle to say the least. Harry was "driven" this morning to put it in simple terms and so, so charming. Any time I convinced myself to roll out of bed and get ready for the day there would be something else pulling me back in, or Harry pulling more specifically.

Either it was him trying to feed me pancakes special ordered with a whip cream smiley face, him burying us under the covers and saying I can never leave, or something else his mischievous brain thought was a good idea. My cheeks hurt from smiling so much and my stomach was sore from laughter but it couldn't have been any better. A lazy, laughter filled, morning with Harry is just what I needed.