Book 2: Chapter 6

Start from the beginning

"Pretending you weren't the Doctor, when you were the Doctor more than anybody else." the 10th Doctor says.

"You were the Doctor on the day it wasn't possible to get it right." the Doctor says walking over to the Warrior as I stood and watch all of them while squeezing Clara's hand a bit.

"But this time…" the 10th Doctor says walking over and placing his hands on top of the Warriors and the Doctor hesitantly puts his on top of the 10th Doctor's hands as well.

"You don't have to do it alone." the Doctor says and they both glance at the Warrior.

"Thank you." the Warrior says just above a whisper and I notice the Moment looking at all three of them with a sad look probably just like my own right now.

"What we do today is not out of fear or hatred. It is done because there is no other way." the 10th Doctor starts and I feel Clara grip my hand a bit tighter as a few tears start to leak out of both our eyes

"And it is done in the name of the many live we are failing to save." the Doctor says and he looks at Clara and I, which we both shook our heads not wanting him to do this at all and have to live with knowing he didn't do anything to change it.

"What? What is it? What?" the Doctor asks us and Clara just stares at him.

"Nothing." she says not wanting to say anything in case of something going wrong.

"No, it's something. Tell me, Harmony." he says looking at me and I just glance at Clara and nodding at her and she takes a breath before talking.

"You told me you wiped out your own people. I just. I never pictured you doing it, that's all." she says the tears sliding down her cheeks.

"Take a closer look." I heard the Moment say before it suddenly goes dark.

"What's happening?" Clara says in a slight panic not knowing what was going on.

"Nothing. It's a projection." the Warrior states as we see the war happening and I feel Clara tense and I squeeze her hand not liking this either.

"It's a reality around you." the Moment says mainly to the Warrior, as the others besides me could hear her.

"These are the people you're going to burn?" Clara says horrified and I bite my lower lip and rest my hand across my stomach as the twins must have known something was wrong as they were moving or kicking a bit much.

"There isn't anything we can do." the 10th Doctor says trying not to show what he felt.

"He's right. There isn't another way. There never was. Either I destroy my own people or let the universe burn." the Doctor says looking at me with a defeated look in his eyes.

"Look at you. The three of you." Clara says and I go to finish her sentence.

"The warrior, the hero, and you." I say softly but just enough so he can hear me.

"And what am I?" the Doctor questions walking to us.

"Have you really forgotten?" Clara asks him.

"Yes. Maybe, yes." the Doctor responds to her.

"We've got enough warriors. Any old idiot can be a hero, and can be make a difference" I say and move my hand that was on my stomach to his cheek.

"Then what do I do?" the Doctor asks softly.

"What you've always done. Be a doctor. You told me the name you chose was a promise. What was the promise?" Clara says asking him so that he would remember what he had always told her.